Going on a cruise? Make sure to turn your phone off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thems just jokes Bill. I could give a rip at this point as it is not now, and has never been, the point.

I wasn't really rebuking you and don't call me biil. The only bill I know has dollar signs in front of it. :D

I was just making sure that it was clear that you can use WiFi in airplane mode. Thats all. If you feel you want to give a rip, go ahead I'm a big boy. I can take it.;)

ricks

Reaction score
I hear that if you just cancel your phone service, you will either get the assistance you want immediately or with in a week you will get a call from verizon begging you to come back.

carbonnoid

Reaction score
I feel like I lost a little intelligence reading this. Once again, someone who is irresponsible and feels entitled thinks that a company, who states their policies that you agreed to should pay when you are on another carriers network. Verizon is a great company, that has done many favors for me in the past, let it be early termination of contracts so I can get a new phone in 14/16/18 months, or let it be bonus minutes, discounts off my service, calls to let me know I can be in a better package, I never had one complaint about them. It makes me angry to think that someone thinks that because of something they did, which is in the T.O.S. which you should read when you put your legal stance behind something, says it in plain English. You complain about high bills but if they did what you want them to do, our bills will be even higher. I’m guessing you also own a house that is under water, and because your underwater you need a bail out on that to, because you know, no one told you prices can go down. Give me a break, grow up, and learn to take responsibility for your actions. You had 322 dollars in over charges, they offered to credit you 75 dollars. They offered to give you almost 25% off which is probly their break even point, you still refused, probly were rude to the C.S. agent, and now are paying even more in E.T.F’s and switches. Its really sad that we live in a country where someone does something irresponsible and thinks that the company will waive it. Be responsible and take ownership of your problems.

Sorry for the rant here, but things like this just get me upset. I <333 Verizon

snappingfish

Reaction score
fer petes sake

Thems just jokes Bill. I could give a rip at this point as it is not now, and has never been, the point.

I wasn't really rebuking you and don't call me biil. The only bill I know has dollar signs in front of it. :D

I was just making sure that it was clear that you can use WiFi in airplane mode. Thats all. If you feel you want to give a rip, go ahead I'm a big boy. I can take it.;)

LOL! Thats the 2nd time someone has called you ... not HOOK! You need to increase the font on your admonition, and color it ORANGE!

Haaa Hook!

snappingfish

Reaction score
lets get it right-just for a moment

I’m guessing you also own a house that is under water, and because your underwater you need a bail out on that to, because you know, no one told you prices can go down. Give me a break, grow up, and learn to take responsibility for your actions.

That is an insulting rant, plain and simple. You, are a DOLT!

You had 322 dollars in over charges, they offered to credit you 75 dollars. They offered to give you almost 25% off which is probly their break even point, you still refused, probly were rude to the C.S. agent, and now are paying even more in E.T.F’s and switches. Its really sad that we live in a country where someone does something irresponsible and thinks that the company will waive it. Be responsible and take ownership of your problems.

Break EVEN point? Are you a lockdown case? A 5150?

Sorry for the rant here, but things like this just get me upset. I <333 Verizon

You are a fanboy, and you're supposed to get upset when someone disses your mama company. But if you really believe that VZW has a 'break-even point @ 25% of what they collect, you are truly a waste of air & space.

Go root on the VZW employee page. Please!

ricks

Reaction score
Verizon sucks, They treat there employees like crap. They will lose alot more money if the op goes to another phone company. Just try what I posted, you have not much else to loose.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I have been a Verizon customer way longer than 10 years... before Verizon existed even, as my carrier was scarfed up in the mergers that began Verizon wireless. The past 11 years my bills have been $200+ monthly. I have had 3 "one time" huge reductions in my bills over the last 5 years. None of it was cruise related (learned something here though) but kid texting, hurricane Katrina, etc. Two of my fixes were taken care of in one call. One fix took a few calls and emails. The right Verizon people care about long term customer satisfaction. The OP is a long term customer. Try again calmly and rationally and I think you will get some help with this situation

wil318466

Reaction score
Reading this thread makes me wonder how logical, sane people can look at a situation and everyone immediately picks a side, and they both have very valid points.

I just can't believe how many people are taking Verizon's side. It's obviously an honest mistake, from a customer service point of view would you lose a loyal customer over 618 bucks?

We all know companies gank their customers. Its part of the game. It just depends on how much. Remember the story of the man who received a 60,000 dollar wireless bill because of some sort of tethering issue? Did you side with the wireless company then? They've done studies on text messaging being essentially free for wireless companies to provide, yet they make up a large chunk of their profits.

Do you think companies should be restricted in what profits they can or can't make? Most people say no, its a private business, and I partly agree with that - but doesn't government come out and do exactly that - restrict fees/charges that companies can charge people? How many of you would like your rate caps to stay on your eletricity and gas bills? I would say most would say they would want them, even the people who say the OPs mother is the one at fault.

The world isn't black and white, its full of gray. People make mistakes, accidents actually do happen. In this case it is NO sweat off Verizon's back to help out the customer and waive the charge. Technically the OPs mother is wrong, but it WAS an accident.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
At the grocery store they tell you your total and you can put stuff back.

At the autoshop, by law, they must give you an estimate before doing work.

Why are we letting the wireless carriers surprise us like in the case of $18000 over 2 months? Answer: industry lobbyists.

In case it got lost in the shuffle, here's a thread that tells you how you can stand up for yourself and fight back:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ments-fcc-anti-bill-shock-policy-act-now.html

The FCC started a 45 day period on May 11. Tell them what you think about "bill shock". Your voice can be heard, but not for much longer.

snappingfish

Reaction score
done!

Why are we letting the wireless carriers surprise us like in the case of $18000 over 2 months? Answer: industry lobbyists.

In case it got lost in the shuffle, here's a thread that tells you how you can stand up for yourself and fight back:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ments-fcc-anti-bill-shock-policy-act-now.html

The FCC started a 45 day period on May 11. Tell them what you think about "bill shock". Your voice can be heard, but not for much longer.

+1 (or+2)

thx
fish

carbonnoid

Reaction score
What are you people talking about?!?!?! A simple log in to your accoutn on verizon.com could of fixed it. If you took the time instead of being lazy and logged in you would of known this. Snapping I am sorry you feel like that, and i am sorry you have to stoop to name calling to make your point. Its really plain and simple. Why do you all want freebies? REALLY, you are paying for a service, if you dont like it, go somewhere else. If you want cheap prepaid service get that, you dont need to be wiht verizon, they state their fees and taxes, in the T.O.S and go over with you on the phone. What is the problem, this is the problem with Americans, everything thinks they are entitled to something, and that things should be handed to them. Its really a shame.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
This story is way too old for Verizon to keep falling for it... smart phones have been around too long... people have been trying to use this as an excuse to rip verizon off forever... so maybe you made a mistake... how do they know that?? You're just the next call in line that wants something for free and they DID try and help you...

It's the story of two worlds colliding... smart phones are being produced and marketed towards a whole new group of people who are'nt ready for smartphones...

I was thinking when I read the original post about using the phone as a timepiece the whole trip... I thought "aw no way... you gadda turn it off... that's just a given!"... after all the instructions given by verizon and all the options they include.. like airplane mode .. why would all verizon phones have airplane mode if they were trying to rip you off??

It's like driving a rent-a-car out of the lot and plowing into the the nearest tree because you didn't know the brake pedal was the one on the left... "can I get another car and pretend that didn't happen??.. I know better now"

ignorance of how to operate your equipment doesn't get you free stuff...

And ignorance is not stupidity... it just means "you didn't know"... and that's ok... sometimes lessons learned are expensive..

Read your users guides people
And terms of use agreements
That's what they are there for...

carbonnoid

Reaction score

The difference is you havent used the products yet you "Dolt"

They do give you est. on Verizonwireless.com and as well as your plan. ".45 cents a minute over and 1 penny a kb."

Because someone cant control their kid, the company is wrong?

+1 (or+2)

thx
fish

Seriously you need to get it together, do you work and pay real bills?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score

The difference is you havent used the products yet you "Dolt"

They do give you est. on Verizonwireless.com and as well as your plan. ".45 cents a minute over and 1 penny a kb."

Because someone cant control their kid, the company is wrong?

+1 (or+2)

thx
fish

Seriously you need to get it together, do you work and pay real bills?

That's your criticism? That I need to "get it together"? Why don't you tell me what you disagree with. Do you think we should get rid of all consumer protection laws?

Let's hear your real arguments and opinions instead of a throwaway comment like you made.

EDIT: Ah, I see, you added in some comments there. I highlighted them for you. My response is on the next page.

carbonnoid

Reaction score
Ill make it as simple as possible for you. You work a union job, you make 20 dollars an hr. On contract you get paid overtime for anything over 40 hrs, 30 dollars. The company says we need you 11 hrs ot this week, you then provide that service, and then the company says my bad, we really didn't need u, even though its in the contract n we have to pay u, we aren't. Is that fair? Would u give the money back?

Status
Not open for further replies.