I converted my wife.

dropseys

Reaction score
My wifes New Droid arrived today. I am charging it now and setting it up soon after. She never cared about her cell phones before even while I had the next best thing every 18 months. I have had my Droid since December and had her wanting one 2 days after I got mine. She doesn't know it's here yet. I am setting it up and giving it to her. It will be like Christmas.:)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My wifes New Droid arrived today. I am charging it now and setting it up soon after. She never cared about her cell phones before even while I had the next best thing every 18 months. I have had my Droid since December and had her wanting one 2 days after I got mine. She doesn't know it's here yet. I am setting it up and giving it to her. It will be like Christmas.:)

My wife's arrives on Wednesday and quite honestly I'm shocked that she ordered one. She's already told me not to touch it and don't even think about rooting it.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
My wife never cared about her phones. As long as it took pictures and the screen was OKAY then it was fine. I got a Curve 8330 and she hated using it, even though I loved it. Then I got a Storm and she hated it also. She got a Dare and said the touchscreen sucked and she wanted a keyboard again, even if it was just numbers. So she has never been into high-tech phones and definitely not smart phones.

THEN I GOT THE DROID

She started to play with it all the time and she now has an Eris. After playing with mine a while, she couldn't resist. I also converted my best friend, who's wife also wants one now. LOL

korp

Reaction score
I thought you were going to say to join a cult or something cool lol.

My wife's arrives on Wednesday and quite honestly I'm shocked that she ordered one. She's already told me not to touch it and don't even think about rooting it.
Tell her if it's not rooted ... it will explode in 5 .... 4 .... 3 .... 2 .... 1 .... BOOM lol.

Myth

Reaction score

I get the same reaction from my son....
"STOP messing with my phone!!!"
"but you'll really like it this way...."
"MOM! Give me my phone right now!!"
hehehehehe

Darkseider

Reaction score
Aww hell. Here I thought I was gonna see how you converted your wife into a new and younger model. I was very excited because I wanted to follow the instructions on mine. Bah. Off to another thread.

OP
dropseys

dropseys

Reaction score
LOL. Well put it this way, I am at work and its 3:39 am. She just contacted me on google talk from her phone saying shes testing out the app. LOL. I can't wait to hear how tired she is tomorrow and I get to say, thought it was just a phone. She didn't notice the phone at first cause she thought it was mine on the charger. I laughed at dinner when she asked when her phone was supposed to be here. The look on her face was priceless when I said it's right there and pointed at the charger.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
LOL. Well put it this way, I am at work and its 3:39 am. She just contacted me on google talk from her phone saying shes testing out the app. LOL. I can't wait to hear how tired she is tomorrow and I get to say, thought it was just a phone. She didn't notice the phone at first cause she thought it was mine on the charger. I laughed at dinner when she asked when her phone was supposed to be here. The look on her face was priceless when I said it's right there and pointed at the charger.

Cool cool! We like happy droid owners around here. Shoulda took a pic of the look on her face. :icon_eek:

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
My wife is the DieHard iPhone Phan... she won't hear any argument against her precious iPod Touch... don't even THINK about it!!

But she won't leave my damn Droid alone... she wants to watch youtube... she wants to use my barcode scanner when we're out shopping... she wants to take it with her when I stay home so she can use the navigation!!! AAAAWWWWW HELL NO!!!

If she wasn't so darn cute we'd have some real problems...

Reaction score
Everybody is always grabbing at my droid and saying "lemme play with it, lemme do this and that" and they always love my new themes since I love to root, yet when they go out for there upgrade they get a blackberry storm... tisk tisk tisk

Riley

Reaction score
Cool! My wife still has an old Motorola razr V3m model! She's not one for change. I actually got my Droid on her lines upgrade because she passes every time it comes up. I get a new phone almost every year because our lines upgrades are due one year apart lol!

huskur

Reaction score
My wife is still on the learning curve. Mixed reviews to this point but she did ask me "unlimited data right?" i said yes.......she says "Pandora is awesome"!!!!!