Wife needs a Phone

noordzy77

Reaction score
My Wife loves the Blackberry phones, but we want to get her into the Android family so she can have access to many more apps. A big feature for her is the B keyboard. The Droid Pro is similar in design, but I am concerned with some stuff I have heard. What is the general concensus about the Pro around here?

I would love to see her get the droid 2, or even wait for the 3, a physical keyboard is important to her.

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
Has she tryed the touch keyboard? I thought a hard keyboard was necessary at first, when I first got my first ogdroid than as I used ut more and more I found that I liked the touch keyboard better. Maybe have her try one for a couple days, wouldn't hurt.

Sent from my Liberated DROIDX!

OP
N

noordzy77

Reaction score
I've had her use my touch keyboards in the past, and she just doesn't like them.... she drags her fingers across the keys so she makes alot of errors using a touchscreen keyboard. maybe more time with it could fix it, not sure, she's kind of stubborn lol, so its getting her to try that is the hard part

GDP

Reaction score
I always thought I couldn't go without a physical keyboard also. But with my OG Droid I found that I never used it. I always just used the virtual one because it was easier. Now that I have swype I don't think I could ever use a physical keyboard again

Sent from my Thunderbolt

Beka27

Reaction score
Droid 3 is coming within the next few weeks (rumor: July 7th)... I wouldn't recommend anything that's out for her right now if she wants physical keys.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Get swype or flext9. I use flext9 and love it. I also swore I needed a physical keyboard which is why I got the og droid. I used the virtual keyboard on it at times but hated it every time until I got flext9 and discovered I could just swipe my fingers across the virtual keyboard and it was so much easier than the physical keyboard or the standard virtual keyboard. Have her try swype or flext9 for an hour but just swiping across the keyboard instead of tapping on the individual letters. She will see how much easier it is.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

michaelhenry7

Reaction score
I think blackberry is also a reasonable set and if your wife loves that then you should buy it for her.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I love my droid pro and have absolutely no issues whatsoever. I have had a droid 1 and a droid 2 and I prefer the droid pro over both without a doubt.