Lost/ Stolen Moto Droid

gspmmafan

Reaction score
Quick question here. My mom lost her phone at the store today. It was likely taken by someone that saw it. She had a pattern password on but we are still slightly concerned. She called Verizon and reported it stolen. The worker told her that nothing can be done on the phone and that if they bring it in to activate it the store will know it is stolen. My question is I remember a few weeks ago reading an article about some apps being remotely removed from phones. If apps can be removed remotely will all the info on the phone be removed by Verizon when they get the stolen report? Hopefully nothing can be taken off the phone. Nothing to important was on it but with phones these days they are getting very personal. I certainly never want to lose my Droid. Thieves suck! :icon_evil:

drb26

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more! Mine was stolen from my purse at target! I'm scared what was on it and immediately changed passwords etc. Hopefully she isn't going through hell like I am trying to get it replaced through asurion! Ugh!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
PLEASE download Wavesecure on your droids! you can remotely lock it down and wipe it from your PC

more people need to know about this app (thats FREEEEEE)

but yea you really cant do anything without it already being on it. they will block the esn from the system but whats to say it cant be flashed to another network?

OP
gspmmafan

gspmmafan

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more! Mine was stolen from my purse at target! I'm scared what was on it and immediately changed passwords etc. Hopefully she isn't going through hell like I am trying to get it replaced through asurion! Ugh!

No thankfully we didn't get that scam called insurance on these phones. I couldn't believe after paying for it for 2 years they wanted to charge me 50$ to replace my old voyager. The phone at that point would have been free it was so old. We are just more concerned that the information on the phone is safe even though no bank accounts or anything like that are on it. Just seems the smarter the phone the more personal they feel.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just seems the smarter the phone the more personal they feel.

definitely agree with this statement. because you have the web and all those apps you find yourself putting in a lot of info that is personal