GNex Release Date:

screaminz2002

Reaction score
The GN doesn't have to be released to return the Razor. You can always go back to what ever you were using before and test drive that phone for a while.

captclueless

Reaction score
I just want the thing to come out. My Droid 1 is becoming useless. I have done multiple factory resets, but yet the thing is still slow and laggy as hell. I barely even use it anymore. Hell, most of the time when someone calls me, I can't even answer the phone cause it locks up while its ringing.
And it's pretty pathetic that I am still getting this kind of performance even after removing nearly every app I had installed.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
The GN doesn't have to be released to return the Razor. You can always go back to what ever you were using before and test drive that phone for a while.

I guess that's true, but if that's the planned route, what's the point in the first place?

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I just want the thing to come out. My Droid 1 is becoming useless. I have done multiple factory resets, but yet the thing is still slow and laggy as hell. I barely even use it anymore. Hell, most of the time when someone calls me, I can't even answer the phone cause it locks up while its ringing.
And it's pretty pathetic that I am still getting this kind of performance even after removing nearly every app I had installed.

I would sbf your phone to wipe it 100% clean. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it fixes your issues.

screaminz2002

Reaction score
I guess that's true, but if that's the planned route, what's the point in the first place?

I guess you just get to play with a new phone fr a couple of weeks. Really I have no idea.. I am so hung over from the Halloween party last night I can barely comprehend my own miserable existence at work today. Basically posting here to avoid actually thinking about actaul work at this point..

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would sbf your phone to wipe it 100% clean. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it fixes your issues.

I agree on this. Wiping through recovery doesn't "clean" everything out and after 100's of rom flashes, things can get a bit screwy. I would definitely try sbf and see if it solves your problems.

Here is everything you need to know. Follow this step by step, good luck.

mjones73

Reaction score
I agree on this. Wiping through recovery doesn't "clean" everything out and after 100's of rom flashes, things can get a bit screwy. I would definitely try sbf and see if it solves your problems.

I'll have to give it a try, mine has been screwy with the Bluetooth audio, skips like clockwork 6 to 24 times whenever I start playing something.

chewy74

Reaction score
My droid 1 is like a just about empty tube of toothpaste...

it looks flat, empty and ready to toss out, but if you keep squeezing you'll be surprised how much more you can get out of it...
:yahoo:

jcardona1

Reaction score

it looks flat, empty and ready to toss out, but if you keep squeezing you'll be surprised how much more you can get out of it...

Haha that made me LOL. Up until a few weeks ago I was really hating my D1. Then I did the SBF wipe/flash and it's as snappy as ever. It's actual fun to use it again, and is much snappier than my gf's DX. The only thing I really hate doing on my phone is browsing the web. No matter what browser I use it's buggy with choppy zoom/scrolling. But I really can't complain. For being a two-year old phone, this little thing can hold its own.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score

Nice analogy.

I keep pulling the battery so I can receive phone calls, it'll make it hopefully =P

chewy74

Reaction score
i plan on sbf back to stiock and re-rooting this weekend and hoping to get another 3 weeks out of it. hopefully by then the g-nexus will drop

mikeinctown

Reaction score
FWIW everyone has been saying for the past few weeks of a Nov 17th release date. That would put pre-orders starting in a few days. the Razr started taking pre-orders 2 weeks early for a 10th sale date. No reason why the GN shouldn't do the same. Also, VZW would be missing some huge sales numbers/opportunities to not get it released before Thanksgiving as that weekend is the busiest shopping of the entire year.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good theory but the Bionic released with no preorders, who knows if the Gnxs will follow suite

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
If this phone really wasn't a sight for sore eyes I'd boycott it. It's too bad I've already made my decision on October 18th when I saw the Samsung/Google Event streamed live over youtube. I would just like to know what Google/Sammy/Verizon are thinking by delaying this money maker of a phone. Have they never heard of "word of mouth" before, when I get a new phone I play with it A LOT for like the 1st month and people see it. If I like it I tell people, I blog about it and so on and so forth. Delaying this phone is almost like a death wish for it. For people who are inpatient they're going to jump on a phone being released sooner than the G-Nex. Others might even wait til 2012 to see what quad-core phones are coming. I know a lot of us want the pure Google experience especially on Verizon but I think it is less likely most people are going to wait for it. I just don't see what the point is especially when you're trying to promote a new OS. I think Google/Sammy/Verizon are shooting themselves in the foot on this one. I hope the delay isn't ridiculously long because I'm not going to wait months, I've already been doing that.

xandor

Reaction score
Droid-life now reporting that a leaked Verizon roadmap shows the Galaxy Nexus not coming out until AFTER black friday. The Razr/Resound are being pushed first.

Disappointing? Yes. Surprising coming from Big Red? No.