samsung exec shows off nexus

TheDig

Reaction score
I have a feeling we won't be hearing anything official from Verizon until next week. They will push out the bloated razor and rezound before letting us that patiently waited get our hands on this device.

As a side note, at work today two of my smartphone buddy coworkers approached me asking if I was going to be picking up the razor. As I calmly replied no they both had a puzzled look, they both know my incredible is slowly dying...the one asked why not and I told them I will be getting the Gnex. NEITHER of them knew anything about it, can't say i'm surprised as mums been the word on it. I think they both planned on upgrading to the razor until today, they both spent the lunch hour on the net doing research on the Gnex....

I think their reaction is exactly what Verizon is hoping for. It allows them to push the bloat first. If you ask me they are only shooting themselves in the foot,I think the Gnex will be bigger than we think...perhaps my view is jaded but you would think that Samsung and Google would be pressing Verizon to get this phone to market.

Who knows for sure...as stated in the above video, its Verizons phone. Which sadly means we are all at the mercy of the company we all love to hate.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

fobpartisan

Reaction score
Look at it this way. Razr is like an appetizer that Verizon served u. Resound is your main meal. Now at the very end u get a delicious desert the galaxy nexus. :)

chewy74

Reaction score
In other News, Samsung Exec was robbed at gun point while returning to his car after a FOX News Interview. Strangely, the only thing the crooks took was his cell phone, but left his wallet and car untouched. Police later caught up with the robbers and discovered they were disgruntled VZW customers waiting for the Galaxy Nexus release and just couldn’t wait any longer.

nbucko

Reaction score
It should be surprising that VZW isn't mentioning this device at all. Your story about your friends is probably exactly what they want. They want to get as many people under contract with bloat infested locked down phones before they release a phone that has none of their bloat and should be easily rooted and able to, OMG, TETHERFORFREE!!!!!!!!!

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
It should be surprising that VZW isn't mentioning this device at all. Your story about your friends is probably exactly what they want. They want to get as many people under contract with bloat infested locked down phones before they release a phone that has none of their bloat and should be easily rooted and able to, OMG, TETHERFORFREE!!!!!!!!!
So do u think we have 2 also wait 4 them(vzw)2 realease the rezound b4 they relaese the nexus?

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well,i wish they would hurry up and get them out the way.(bad terry-smackin hand)

seventwozero

Reaction score
My bad-wasnt tryin to give u a headace,but dont have alot of time

As for this Samsung business, you would think they could give Verizon a little nudge to get the Nexus to market already, maybe not though.

Also, "yayyy... first post" and whatnot.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

nbucko

Reaction score
Not necessarily, if they go for a soft-release: web-only first, followed by in-store after the rezound is released.

That's what I think will happen. Get as many people on the razr and the rezound, including some of the rooting and roming crowd, before putting this in stores where people can get their hands on them.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums