GNex Release Date:

spdivr1122

Reaction score
Y'all, it absolutely will not be the 24th of November. That is Thanksgiving. So that date is absolutely and completely out of the mix.

I figured so. Just saw a website say that MAY be the date but no one really knows

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's unlikely because it's a holiday, most stores may not even be open. What could be possible is, they allow online orders on the 24th, technically releasing the device on a Thursday like normal, then you can purchase the phone in store on Black Friday the day after.

It's a shot in the dark, and most likely won't happen, but it sounds a lot better than early December =x

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Honestly, my bet is that it could hit on a day other than a Thursday this time. I don't have any insider news or anything, just a feeling that there is the possibility since the whole phone is basically going "against the grain" of the typical Verizon phones.

Question, does anyone know if there was typically a certain day of the week the other Google phones were released?

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
It's unlikely because it's a holiday, most stores may not even be open. What could be possible is, they allow online orders on the 24th, technically releasing the device on a Thursday like normal, then you can purchase the phone in store on Black Friday the day after.

It's a shot in the dark, and most likely won't happen, but it sounds a lot better than early December =x

I can see that as a possibility. And I still wouldn't rule out before Thanksgiving, in my opinion.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, to their defense, ICS is already completed and released, there just aren't any devices released using it yet.

harpua

Reaction score
Just a question real quick that someone may be able to answer for me. (i don't feel like calling and talking to customer service)

So if I were to go get the wacked locked up razr, just to feed my fix from og droid in the next week or whatever.. (due for an upgrade)

When i take it back (14) days later, will i not get the same ne2 discount on my nexus once released?

spdivr1122

Reaction score
Just a question real quick that someone may be able to answer for me. (i don't feel like calling and talking to customer service)

So if I were to go get the wacked locked up razr, just to feed my fix from og droid in the next week or whatever.. (due for an upgrade)

When i take it back (14) days later, will i not get the same ne2 discount on my nexus once released?

You'll be able to swap it with a nexus but you'll have to pay a 35 dollar restocking fee

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
You'll be able to swap it with a nexus but you'll have to pay a 35 dollar restocking fee

That's taking a big risk that the Nexus will come out on November 24th or before. I certainly wouldn't buy a Razr planning to do that until we hear an official Verizon release date.

alucard9114

Reaction score
I have decided to wait for this phone just wanted it before my pilgrimage to google HQ on the way up to northern California for Thanksgiving.:D