GNex Release Date:

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Or everything goes out the window and they release this on a non-Thursday. Call me crazy, but the Nexus has proven to be a different beast all around. Nothing would shock me at this point.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
It can't be on the 24th, so it will probably be a week later on the 1st unfortunately. :(

Darn it! You're right that's Turkey Day. Verizon lied!(why am I not surprised) They said "November", I hope they didn't mean "November" 2012. :icon_eek:

Felix 222

Reaction score
My guess is the GN will be released very early December. Verizon will give the Razr its time in the spotlight after all its marketing efforts. Don't get me wrong, though, I hope I'm wrong too, lol.

newparadigm

Reaction score
This stuff makes me want to stick it to the GN, though that is probably biting off my nose to spite my face.

Too bad the Razr bootloader isn't hackable. Maybe go for the Rezound.

xandor

Reaction score
I'm disappointed too but I'll wait for it. Anything to get away from moto and crap

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

b-jammin21

Reaction score
What is the big deal here? The author of the article even wrote that this should be treated as a RUMOR, especially since this is the first we've heard anything like this.

Also, there has been no OFFICIAL word on this yet, so what is everyone freaking out about? This was just something that some European news source wrote. I wouldn't call that official from Sammy or Verizon. I just don't understand why everyone is acting like the GN isn't coming out for another year or something.

Rumors people, rumors...I, personally, won't get worked up til I hear an official word from someone. Either way, I'll be waiting for this phone anyways.

Oaklands

Reaction score
The big reason for the delay is to let the early birds 14 day return policy run out on their razr.

xandor

Reaction score
I like that Oaklands -- not too big a fan of Moto or the Razr here. No matter how it turns out, I'm getting this phone. I just wish Verizon would come out with it and say when this baby is launching so I can put in for my day off!

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think most people are concerned because we know that Verizon wants the current focus to be on the Razr and the Rezound, even if that means pushing the Nexus' intended release date back a month.

Since they make so much of their money from bloatware, they're going to want people focusing on those 2 devices over the Nexus for the holidays, it's too bad for us who want the Nexus, but it makes the most business sense.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I think most people are concerned because we know that Verizon wants the current focus to be on the Razr and the Rezound, even if that means pushing the Nexus' intended release date back a month.

Since they make so much of their money from bloatware, they're going to want people focusing on those 2 devices over the Nexus for the holidays, it's too bad for us who want the Nexus, but it makes the most business sense.

I will wait as long as it takes for a Verizon Nexus. :)

cincycats51

Reaction score
What is the big deal here? The author of the article even wrote that this should be treated as a RUMOR, especially since this is the first we've heard anything like this.

Also, there has been no OFFICIAL word on this yet, so what is everyone freaking out about? This was just something that some European news source wrote. I wouldn't call that official from Sammy or Verizon. I just don't understand why everyone is acting like the GN isn't coming out for another year or something.

Rumors people, rumors...I, personally, won't get worked up til I hear an official word from someone. Either way, I'll be waiting for this phone anyways.

Thats why people are freaking out. They are pushing the Rezound and RAZR real hard, and have yet to mention anything on the Nexus. Plus release dates for Verizon devices seem to get posted by big red themselves about 2 weeks before hand, and again, we haven't hear a peep out of them yet, and this phone is supposed to release the 17th? I am still not buying it. I say a statement released by them within the next 2 weeks delaying the release till December. Just my 2 cents.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't see them releasing a statement at all, especially anything with the word "delay" in it. I think they'll just wait it out and announce the release date after the Razr and Rezound have had their time in the spotlight.

And yes, I'm unhappy about this.