Froyo OTA starts TODAY for DINC

inessi

Reaction score
still dont understand why they cant push the update manually as well would speed this process up soo quick

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I will post back as soon as froyota shows up at our house for my wife's Dinc :)

Havoc70

Reaction score
Someone needs to upload the update.zip before they reboot.......Please

posttal

Reaction score
Just dowload my update..I woke up and went to check my mail and the screen said waiting to update..I pressed ok and it rebooted and installed 2.2 Froyo .I'm happy now.As I'm typing this it just rebooted WITH a cool start up screen..and it talks to you and says DROID...very cool
As far as region...I'm in cleveland,ohio

Last edited:

Crypt92

Reaction score
good thing ppl are getting the update. i'm sure massive amounts of ppl will get it 2morrow.

benner

Reaction score
still dont understand why they cant push the update manually as well would speed this process up soo quick

Because then they'd have to take the chance of people incorrectly installing it and screwing up there phone. That would be hell for them in forms of both warranty issues and media.

OP
T

trmn8er

Reaction score
good thing ppl are getting the update. i'm sure massive amounts of ppl will get it 2morrow.

Hey just to give you some more info, I was told that there will not be 2.2 software pushes over the weekend, and that Monday they will go from 10,000 per day to 100,000 DINC 2.2 pushes. This is the same reliable source I used to break this news. I was also told that by Friday next week they expectged to be pretty much done, but that it could change slightly. Having said that, it is possible for some to receive it this weekend, but likely if they were pushed the update from Friday's load. Hope this helps... the OP

Last edited:

mauiblue

Reaction score
Okay, I need to just be patient and be pleasantly surprised went it happens here in Hawaii.

OP
T

trmn8er

Reaction score
Okay, I need to just be patient and be pleasantly surprised went it happens here in Hawaii.

Maui. Nice. I have Family on Kauai, one with a DINC. They are in Hanalei. Very nice there...

mauiblue

Reaction score
Cool, let me know if/when they do receive the OTA update. Aloha and mahalo, trmn8er.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
-[R0GU3_DR01D]-;780617 said:
Got it yesterday @ 9:30PM Pacific Time. It blows Jesus Christ out of the water.

Jesus Christ wasn't in the water; He walked on top of it, silly.

OP
T

trmn8er

Reaction score
Hey just to give you some more info, I was told that there will not be 2.2 software pushes over the weekend,

Well today is saturday and I got mine this morning.So some of us are getting them over the weekend.

Clearly, you choose not to quote the entire post. If selected from Friday's random 10k push, it is plausible to get it today. I still stand by the news that there will not be new pushes over the weekend, and that Monday we will see 100K per day.

stephen346

Reaction score
Thanks for this update that they may not be rolling this over the weekend.
I will stop waiting......