Froyo OTA starts TODAY for DINC

Crypt92

Reaction score
nobody has gotten the update yet BUT VZW Support on twitter confirmed the OTA today.

HandTool

Reaction score
Android 2.2 update is now available!

Just within the past few minutes Verizon's Tech Twitter announced that the HTC Incredible Android 2.2 update is now available. It is only OTA and is rolling out in batches. Here are the links that I saw.
VZW Support (VZWSupport) on Twitter

:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid

HandTool

Crypt92

Reaction score
Just within the past few minutes Verizon's Tech Twitter announced that the HTC Incredible Android 2.2 update is now available. It is only OTA and is rolling out in batches. Here are the links that I saw.
VZW Support (VZWSupport) on Twitter

:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid

HandTool

yeah still i haven't seen any1 say they gotten the notification on the phone yet. dancedroid

bradlustig

Reaction score
I was excited last night because I got a notification of an update on my phone. When I followed up it was only for a game I'd installed for my son...

Randyd718

Reaction score
can anyone definitively say whether or not the OTA will work if youre rooted? i thought it would still work if you were just rooted, aka not using any ROMs

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I know a lot of people are excited for this update to finally hit (especially those not rooted) but seriously how many threads do we need on the subject?

I would rather see a thread saying I GOT THE OTA update!! then more new threads of the same info but different source as to where they got the info

jm_gagnon

Reaction score
sooo any one willing to give me some guidance as to the least painfull way to downgrade and be able to recieve the ota ? , as of now im on the 2.05 radio andsky raider vanilla 2.2 and im following the
How to: Root and Unroot the Droid Incredible | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

It is my understanding anytime you update the Radio you are most vunerable. Please be careful, read the directions from the XDA Team, and
you should be ok, but do so at your own risk. I am hearing many have done it, but spend the time to read the threads and really understand the steps. Hope this helps...

What if I like, other posters on here, updated the radio w/o root (I'm currently @ 2.05, the phone shipped w/1.0, but I did the non-root radio OTA file. Will I have to roll back to 1.0 for this to work? Or should I be able to receive the OTA no problem?

lewblue83

Reaction score
What if I like, other posters on here, updated the radio w/o root (I'm currently @ 2.05, the phone shipped w/1.0, but I did the non-root radio OTA file. Will I have to roll back to 1.0 for this to work? Or should I be able to receive the OTA no problem?

well you didnt root. so your radio was changed to 2.05, the OTA update radio is 2.15, so it will see your phone as requiring an update.

Riddlin

Reaction score
I know. My first post ever, and I am giving you all the news you have been waiting on. Call BS, but I have my info from VERY high up the Verizon food chain that the OTA will be starting to push today. I cannot share the email with you I have at this time, but you heard it here first. The FNG was the first to break this story. It is for real. You can thank me later. Stay tuned!

I call BS cause no one has seen the update.

lewblue83

Reaction score
I know. My first post ever, and I am giving you all the news you have been waiting on. Call BS, but I have my info from VERY high up the Verizon food chain that the OTA will be starting to push today. I cannot share the email with you I have at this time, but you heard it here first. The FNG was the first to break this story. It is for real. You can thank me later. Stay tuned!

Sooooo you call BS even though there is a direct link to Verizon wireless and Verizons Twitter website.

You fail.

Riddlin

Reaction score
R

Sooooo you call BS even though there is a direct link to Verizon wireless and Verizons Twitter website.

You fail.[/QUOTE

I don't care what Verizon says until its on my phone. Because all they do is "fail". If I remember correctly they said we would have 720p video capabilities in June.

benner

Reaction score
R

You fail.[/QUOTE

I don't care what Verizon says until its on my phone. Because all they do is "fail". If I remember correctly they said we would have 720p video capabilities in June.

Fail again. Some of us do have 720p 3g hotspot and a few other goodies.

Riddlin

Reaction score
R

You fail.[/QUOTE

Fail again. Some of us do have 720p 3g hotspot and a few other goodies.

Good for you. I could have it all too if i wanted to root or buy it in July or august whoopie. I had 2 day one didn't have to wait 2 months. Dont be mad at me for Verizons ineptitude

jm_gagnon

Reaction score
Funny, I didn't root. I did the OTA radio upgrade and got Wi-Fi Hotspot, DROID boot screen, etc. 2.2 will simply be icing on the cake.

And when I see the ! Triangle, I will post!

benner

Reaction score