Froyo OTA starts TODAY for DINC

yojay

Reaction score
Good for you. I could have it all too if i wanted to root or buy it in July or august whoopie. I had 2 day one didn't have to wait 2 months. Dont be mad at me for Verizons ineptitude

Not rooted at all. Try doing a little looking around and you'll find out some information

Looking around is not part of the Verizon announced OTA update. I agree with Riddlin, this is a lame launch announcement with no actual rollout. Verizon offices this morning:

VZW Marketing: "Ok, we sent out the tweet, let's roll"
VZW Tech: "Dude, we've got at least 15 more hours of server work to get ready"
VZW Marketing: "No problem. You have till midnight"
VZW Tech: "It's Friday! Who launches sweeping software updates on a weekend?!!"
VZW Marketing: "Call us when you're done. We'll be at happy hour"
VZW Tech: "D$#%"

TimParker

Reaction score
Still waiting for it to hit my phone....hoping maybe overnight....

@yojay -- Funny, I have been part of those type of conversations...hehe.

inessi

Reaction score
as excited as i am for this roll out everyone needs to settle down, did yall see how long it took for the droid 1 to get its update all my friends with the d1 didnt get the update till the final day of the update roll out so for all we know were still 2 weeks out

that_1_guy

Reaction score
Ooooookay. How bout we remember this is just phone commentary. Not a personal attack as u have taken it. If the update is coming how do they decide who gets it and when

that_1_guy

Reaction score
Ooooookay. How bout we remember this is just phone commentary. Not a personal attack as u have taken it. If the update is coming how do they decide who gets it and when

Grettski

Reaction score

Two things guy.
1. There are multiple people on androidforums.com that have it. And they have posted screenshots to prove it.
2. The update comes just like all Verizon updates do. I just went through waiting for 5 months with an Eris for 2.1. Its a random computer draw. It doesnt matter if you got your phone on day one or just got it today. They normally do 10,000 on the first day and wait to see if they melted any phones. Then they do around 100,000 a day till everyone has it. Thats just the way it is. You might have to wait a week or two to get it. If thats too long? ROOT and do it yourself

inessi

Reaction score
Well thanks for tryin to make me sound like an a**. However I read all new Droid X's come with 2.2 already installed.

sorry to pick ya out but droid x shipment is backed to 9/10 wonder why there shipping with it cause its a few weeks out. by then all dincs will have it.