Froyo OTA starts TODAY for DINC

zMd113

Reaction score
WOOOOHOOOO!
I just got it this morning!
So far it's super awesome and I'm having fun just messing around with it. I love the new landscape, keyboard, and 720p video.

Kylehcc

Reaction score
I noticed a stronger WiFi signal in the office. Also faster touch screen and overall response. Also voice search is 100 times better

bradlustig

Reaction score
WiFi is definitely better for me, too. I installed a repeater in my house since the wireless router is on one end of the house and I would hardly get a signal at the other end. It worked great with the iphones and my computers, but it seemed like once my dinc got to where the repeater signal was stronger than the base unit, the wireless would crap out. I would have to go back to where the base was, and stop and start the dinc's wifi. Don't have that problem now.

hartman11

Reaction score
tested out my froyo and found out for wireless hot spot u need to pay for it,
is there an app i can wireless tether it with rooting my phone?

Last edited:

Dinc_User

Reaction score
Rooted Incredible, getting OTA update message

I've got a rooted incredible (no custom roms, just root access and wireless tether), and just started receiving the Verizon OTA froyo 2.2 update message. Do I need to restore my phone to unrooted status before attempting the update, or can I just install the update? Thanks!

Randyd718

Reaction score
the update will fail if you have clockwork running. thats what happened to me and my friend, and seems to be the consensus here, even though no one will tell you...had to ask plenty of times.

considering using a custom mod now that ive heard bad things about the stock update, what with bloatware and battery drainage and whatnot

Randyd718

Reaction score
nah i dont, still considering haha. there are plenty of options. cyanogenmod6, ruby coming out, skyraider, ultimatedroid...

leaning to CM6 but not sure if camera/gps work on it yet

[ L ]

Reaction score
Actually my teacher just got it the day before August 26 (the notification for it anyways) but has yet to install it.

Sent from my REVOlutionized LithiumDroid with Slayher's 1.0 GHz LV kernel

Jamar

Reaction score
Got my update yesterday morning! Everything's running smoothly so far. I love the new widgets! And the flashlight app is fantastic.

Anyone notice the status update on a contact's picture when you're in a call with them? Seems pointless but it's still awesome that it's there! LOL. The sensitivity on the trackball button is gonna take some getting used to, though.