Froyo OTA starts TODAY for DINC

trmn8er

Reaction score
I know. My first post ever, and I am giving you all the news you have been waiting on. Call BS, but I have my info from VERY high up the Verizon food chain that the OTA will be starting to push today. I cannot share the email with you I have at this time, but you heard it here first. The FNG was the first to break this story. It is for real. You can thank me later. Stay tuned!

Havoc70

Reaction score
This will not end well...

You my friend are very wrong. You shall see...

I highly doubt it, but hey lets hope u r correct.

As for the leaked rom someone has already tried it and it seems to be working.

"jtochterman wrote on August 26, 2010
Just completed my update and everything seems to be working well. My device was a stock (un-rooted) device. The procedure took about 10 minutes and the image was updated from 1.22.605.2 to 3.21.605.1. I just recreated my accounts and I am restoring my application and will provide more detail later. So far so good! Very smooth install! Here is a little more info from the “About Phone” screen….
Android Version: 2.2
Baseband Version: 2.15.00.07.28
Kernel Version: 6.2.32.15-gb7b01d1
htc-kernel@and18-2#1
Build Number: 3.21.605.1 CL23131334 release-keys
Software Number:
Browser Version:
WebKit 3.1
PRI Version:
1.21_002
PRL Version:
ERI Version:
5"

Dream

Reaction score
I cant get the update leaked today on my phone. Says it cant detect my phone..

Havoc70

Reaction score
I know. My first post ever, and I am giving you all the news you have been waiting on. Call BS, but I have my info from VERY high up the Verizon food chain that the OTA will be starting to push today. I cannot share the email with you I have at this time, but you heard it here first. The FNG was the first to break this story. It is for real. You can thank me later. Stay tuned!

Great Call trmn8er

Breaking: DROID Incredible Froyo Update Starts Tomorrow | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Droid Incredible Froyo update: Benchmark, full details, screenshots (Update: Plus, a possible OTA date)

We're getting tons more info from you guys regarding the Droid Incredible Froyo update, which appeared in a leaked RUU this morning and is still expected (eventually) as an over-the-air update. Let's start with the Quadrant benchmark you see above. (Thanks, Jim!) It's certainly not the be all-end all of a phone's speed and power (and, yes, it can be manipulated), so take it for what it's worth.

Then we've got the full rundown of what's new in the update (straight from Verizon), including Adobe Flash Player 10.1 pre-installed, 720p video recording, Wifi 802.11n, and so on.

Plus, we've got a screen shot showing that the over-the-air push may begin tomorrow. (For what it's worth, that date also is confirmed by a tipster to Droid-Life.)

And after the break, we've got even more screen shots (thanks again, Jim). And if you haven't already, see what everybody's saying about the update in our forums.

Droid Incredible Froyo update: Benchmark, full details, screenshots (Update: Plus, a possible OTA date) | Android Central

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
for once, somebody throws out a claim like that and it actually happens