Quick question on the 2.2 leak

LoremasterJ

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I, like a lot of other Dinc users, was a little upset that the Froyo OTA was not pushed out on the 18th(not that we really expected it but there was hope:) ). But anyway, I was wondering about the leaked Froyo ROM. Which is the official one, and does it have all/most of the features? But the biggest thing holding me back from doing this is that I read on one of the posts somewhere that if you did this you would not be able to update the radio again. Also, I would like to possibly revert back to 2.1 then get the official OTA when it finally arrives. Any help and advice is much appreciated! Thanks!

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Hmmm, quickest and easiest answer. We have had a version of the final OTA for awhile, theoretically, and it is the basis for a lot of the ROM's. There are several out. To do this, you would need to upgrade to a minimum 2.05 radio and the ROM. That part is reversible. To do the 2.15 radio upgrade, you have to do the s-off root upgrade, THAT part cannot be reversed but it is believed that it can still work to accept OTA's. That being said, your safest of all routes, as far as reversible, is 2.05 radio upgrade, unrevoked 3, NOT unrevoked forever though you MAY still be able to accept OTA's with it, I believe, and a flashed Froyo ROM, be it the official or a modified, like Skyraider.

That make sense? It's late here but I'm trying to cover this in a nutshell.

OP
L

LoremasterJ

Reaction score
Well, I took the leap of faith and I am going to go for it. Thanks for the help. Any links on how to revert the Dinc to a stock rom if I had to?

Grettski

Reaction score
Hey JK, Id like to piggyback on this and add some things if I may. I really could use the bluetooth options on 2.2. I know there is no way to know when the OTA will be out, but I was talkin to a rep at best buy (yeah...I know, I needed a cord) and I hear that if I root, put a version of 2.2 on, that I can unroot when we know if the OTA is coming out. I just dont want to screw anything up, just had the phones a few days.
And if I could, Im new at all this, I have been lookin at the root forums, and not all of it makes sense. Could you recommend the procedure and the ROM to install?
And last...I know...sorry... Will either rooting or putin 2.2 on my phone wipe it? Thanks for any help you can give...

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
No problem at all, Grettski.

Here is the best root tutorial I know of. I used this. Now, going into this, know one very important levels to rooting. There is the initial one click with unrevoked three and then a permanent called unrevoked forever. Unrevoked three, you will also need to jump up to radio 2.05 to have Froyo working correctly. If you stay at level three, should the OTA ever make it, you can flash it and go back to dead stock. If you do unrevoked forever, it is a done deal, you will be rooted forever. Technically they could see this even if you flashed a stock rom but its debatable if they would know where to look.

Also, to go to radio 2.15, you have to do unrevoked forever. Honestly, I'm at radio 2.05 and unrevoked 3 and perfectly content with that for right now. I would recommend this level for starting out. As far as flashing Froyo rom's, some are flashing stock. I recommend flashing Skyraider's 2.5.2 with or without Sense and the add-ons. It is staying rock solid and is "tweaked".

Take a look at that thread and feel free to ask questions over there, too. I'm over both boards, so you can catch me at both areas.

http://www.incredibleforum.com/forum/htc-incredible-hacks/2909-one-click-root-tutorial-noobs.html

Last edited:

Grettski

Reaction score
Thanks JK, Im readin all about it. Cant thank you enough for the help. On a side note, about the battery thing. I have the HTC 2150 and so far Im at 34 hours with light to moderate use, and I have 32% left. I might have to cave and charge it just for old times sake. But Im sold...another side note..my Dinc just rebooted on its own. Ever hear of this before?

Last edited:

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I'm liking it, too. Been fiddling with settings and had a heavy use today, but held out good. Running some power tests with different setups. Hope to have more solid info on power profiles that work well this week. I definitely don't regret the purchase.

ibewlocal24

Reaction score
Hi I have an issue with getting nand unlocked. I followed the YouTube video. It said to download unrevoked forever. I put it on SD card and did the process from recovery and installed zip. After I did that it wasent off. So I followed more and changed the rom. Zip to pb31img.zip put that on the card as well. According to the video, in hboot its supposed to install it but doesn't and still says on. Yea I have clockwork recovery. Iam already rooted. What do I do !