Froyo OTA starts TODAY for DINC

inessi

Reaction score
haha this is just my luck i just rooted about a few days ago and now this news, but it looks legit as can be so time to unroot.

on the look out though be nice to see someone post if they get the magic notification lemme know

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Wow, of course this happens just a few days after I root.

And I'm very unhappy with how slow how the rooted FroYo is.

I can undo everything I did since I used UnrEVOked 3 right, and update to official?

And is there any possible way to get my apps back?

I have to say, if Froyo is running slow for you, there is something wrong. It runs stupid fast on mine. Wha download did you end up with? And did you move the radio up?

As far as s-off, it doesn't mess with the OTA and actually is reversible now.

But seriously, your phone should be far from slow.

OP
T

trmn8er

Reaction score
I know. My first post ever, and I am giving you all the news you have been waiting on. Call BS, but I have my info from VERY high up the Verizon food chain that the OTA will be starting to push today. I cannot share the email with you I have at this time, but you heard it here first. The FNG was the first to break this story. It is for real. You can thank me later. Stay tuned!

Great Call trmn8er

Breaking: DROID Incredible Froyo Update Starts Tomorrow | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Why thank you sir. Hopefully the mods here will be better than another site that just merged by post into another thread after calling BS.At least give me some credit for breaking the true story. Now please buy me a beer and let's all get ready for Froyo Desert!

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I can assure you we won't do that here. We ask for respect from our members and as a result, return respect accordingly. If you ever see anything out of line, by either a moderator or member, please feel free to notify us.

And thank you for the news break. Greatly appreciated.

OP
T

trmn8er

Reaction score
I can assure you we won't do that here. We ask for respect from our members and as a result, return respect accordingly. If you ever see anything out of line, by either a moderator or member, please feel free to notify us.

And thank you for the news break. Greatly appreciated.

You my friend are very welcome. I can tell by your communication (not just this one) you are a class act. Ive been lurking for a while now.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Thanks, I really do try to act on here as I do in real life. I'm not much on keyboard warriors. Between here and the Inc Forum, we try to really keep ourselves above other boards and handle ourselves professionally. So far I think we have really done a good job.

I especially appreciate the input and appreciation of other members. Makes myself and the others really happy to do our jobs.

inessi

Reaction score
sooo any one willing to give me some guidance as to the least painfull way to downgrade and be able to recieve the ota ? , as of now im on the 2.05 radio andsky raider vanilla 2.2 and im following the
How to: Root and Unroot the Droid Incredible | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
noticed it may downgrade the radio on me based on the 1.0 radio file in the downgrade i guess my real concern, is there a possibility with the downgrade of possible bricking?

OP
T

trmn8er

Reaction score
sooo any one willing to give me some guidance as to the least painfull way to downgrade and be able to recieve the ota ? , as of now im on the 2.05 radio andsky raider vanilla 2.2 and im following the
How to: Root and Unroot the Droid Incredible | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
noticed it may downgrade the radio on me based on the 1.0 radio file in the downgrade i guess my real concern, is there a possibility with the downgrade of possible bricking?

It is my understanding anytime you update the Radio you are most vunerable. Please be careful, read the directions from the XDA Team, and
you should be ok, but do so at your own risk. I am hearing many have done it, but spend the time to read the threads and really understand the steps. Hope this helps...

inessi

Reaction score
ehh cant find any solid info anywhere starting to regret getting this phone wish i still had my moto droid and its wonderfull openess lol

goal: Go from 2.2 to 2.1, gonna take a week to find the answer

*Update* alas some info i have found and its looking solid will provide another update as it seems to be quiet usefull information for the masses of people who will be trying to unroot in the morning.

*Update*Update* - put together a not to pretty post in the general section for getting back to stock in prepartion for the ota. its not to pretty cause ive been up forever trying to get this thing back to normal so dont hate haha.

Last edited:

DroidMan1983

Reaction score
Any idea what order these are going out in? Order they were purchases? Regions?

Threepio

Reaction score
So yesterday i just rooted with unrevoked3.....just to see if i could do it. I was successful. Does this mean i have to unroot to get the OTA? or will i still get it?

I really dont care if im rooted or not. I just want to make sure ill get the OTA.

Dukefrukem

Reaction score
So yesterday i just rooted with unrevoked3.....just to see if i could do it. I was successful. Does this mean i have to unroot to get the OTA? or will i still get it?

I really dont care if im rooted or not. I just want to make sure ill get the OTA.

Rooting it prevents the OTA from installing. So no, you will not get it.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am surprised no one has shortened this to FroyOTA yet...maybe it's just how my mind thinks ;)