[ROM] Eclipse JB for Droid 4

Bense

Reaction score
I wouldn't do that untill the JB fastboot files are released, if you screw up you're really screwed.

How so?

One simply creates a ss3.11 backup of the "Stock Rom", then wipes the stock rom, flashes it with another ROM install. Done and done.

Worst comes to worse, fastboot back to ICS, update to JB, rinse and repeat.

Reaction score
How so?

One simply creates a ss3.11 backup of the "Stock Rom", then wipes the stock rom, flashes it with another ROM install. Done and done.

Worst comes to worse, fastboot back to ICS, update to JB, rinse and repeat.

The JB update implements a whole new kernel, making that as far as I know (from numerous posts), impossible.

Have you tried this out, yourself?

Reaction score
Also, I can't get a hotspot going using the stock app or my pro version of foxfi. Foxfi errors out and says that this feature has been blocked by jb. Is this something that's being worked on?

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Also, I can't get a hotspot going using the stock app or my pro version of foxfi. Foxfi errors out and says that this feature has been blocked by jb. Is this something that's being worked on?

foxfi will not work on any jb rom. even on my droid DNA. use WiFi tether. I included it in this rom

dail

Reaction score
Everything works like a dream.

+1 for the reboot option on the power menu though

krazienluv10

Reaction score
soo would i need to be on jelly before even flashing this?...currently on eclipse 1.5.2 hybrid

ws6formula350

Reaction score
everything is running great, you're awesome! interested to check out battery life on this vs. stock, because the stock battery life sucks lol.

kwood129

Reaction score
The latest update took care of my blob instead of a mouse pointer in the webtop mode. Something else that I've noticed is that the gallery is having issues. When I go to gallery the first time it only showed 200 of the pictures that I have there. It seems like it picked some pictures at random and doesn't show the rest. I've checked the card for errors and there are none. When I delete all the photos out of the camera folder all of the other images I have on the card show in the gallery. When I copy the pictures back to the card now none of them will show. Is there a limit as to how many pictures I can have? I've had this problem with all of the versions of Eclipse JB so far. Before this I have been able to see all of my pictures on any rom I have installed.

redleader36

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the webtop? When I go on the lapdock the mouse pointer is this big red blob. Has anyone else seen this?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

After this talk of webtop, I decided to try it out. The mouse cursor is a huge red jelly bean.
ViHElRtl.png

[The pointer is actually clicking near the upper left hand side of the screen]

I took the phone off the lapdock and connected a bluetooth mouse to it to see if that cursor was also wrong.
XPZH68Pl.png

Same huge red jelly bean. Is there an image asset that is wrong here? Any ideas? I am running 1.0.1

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
After this talk of webtop, I decided to try it out. The mouse cursor is a huge red jelly bean.
ViHElRtl.png

[The pointer is actually clicking near the upper left hand side of the screen]

I took the phone off the lapdock and connected a bluetooth mouse to it to see if that cursor was also wrong.
XPZH68Pl.png

Same huge red jelly bean. Is there an image asset that is wrong here? Any ideas? I am running 1.0.1
rofl i got to look at webtop hahaha

Last edited:
OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
i think this is caused by old data left over. i would factory reset the stock system, go to to your slot and delete it and make a new one, do a factory reset and wipe system on your slot and reinstall.
mine is a normal cursor and i trued my hdmi wire and also my lapdock.

Last edited:
OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The latest update took care of my blob instead of a mouse pointer in the webtop mode. Something else that I've noticed is that the gallery is having issues. When I go to gallery the first time it only showed 200 of the pictures that I have there. It seems like it picked some pictures at random and doesn't show the rest. I've checked the card for errors and there are none. When I delete all the photos out of the camera folder all of the other images I have on the card show in the gallery. When I copy the pictures back to the card now none of them will show. Is there a limit as to how many pictures I can have? I've had this problem with all of the versions of Eclipse JB so far. Before this I have been able to see all of my pictures on any rom I have installed.
just limit your pics. and when you reload them to the sd, wipe data on the gallery app.