[ROM] Eclipse JB for Droid 4

hellmonkey

Reaction score
Thanks for the help MFB. Got it installed and themed, except for the launcher theme as thats sitting on my work PC. Seems snappier than ICS. Going play with it and see how I like it.
View attachment 61522

Dom1000

Reaction score
im downloading right now was skeptical about rooting and everything else because my phone has never worked so wonderfully on stock but i miss 1% battery and other stuff.

spivey76

Reaction score
What's the status of SetCPU and the oc scripts? Will the same ones work? What order should they be applied?

YoungRED

Reaction score
other

i was hoping foxfi would work on your version of jb but i see it don't and you knew that so my question is why don't the app wifi tether work. ( droid 4 by the way) i have root of course and when i start it it i granted access but it then it say started with errors

Bense

Reaction score
The JB update implements a whole new kernel, making that as far as I know (from numerous posts), impossible.

Have you tried this out, yourself?

Actually, yes, and I've done so successfully.
I modified the XML in the ICS FXZ and removed a few lines. I started with the line pertaining to the cdt.bin, and then subsequently removed each line that RSD Lite 5.7 would hang up on.

After ICS began to boot, I voldown+volup+power'd the device off, rebooted to stock recovery, applied the JB OTA update, then wiped data+cache, and all is well.

I didn't actually need it, however I *DO* have a motorola dev in my backpack should I need it :)

I then placed the JB OTA update on my external SD card, booted up to that

Bense

Reaction score
i was hoping foxfi would work on your version of jb but i see it don't and you knew that so my question is why don't the app wifi tether work. ( droid 4 by the way) i have root of course and when i start it it i granted access but it then it say started with errors

The previous method of using the SQL database editor app, and editing changing the "entitlement_check" from 1 to 0 worked for me. Just use the old/dated instructions that are found on google.

kenji91

Reaction score
What's the status of SetCPU and the oc scripts? Will the same ones work? What order should they be applied?

SetCPU works for me. I haven't been able to successfully run the OC scripts. Speedscript works though.

Reaction score

Apply the fixes from myfishbear's server for jb Eclipse via safestrap. Then make sure you have the pro version of pdanet. You'll need to download the install file to your computer in order for the tether to interface properly. I spent an hour trying to get the bundled version to work, but with no results. Pdanet bought out foxfi, it seems. Let me know if I need to clarify anything.

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Apply the fixes from myfishbear's server for jb Eclipse via safestrap. Then make sure you have the pro version of pdanet. You'll need to download the install file to your computer in order for the tether to interface properly. I spent an hour trying to get the bundled version to work, but with no results. Pdanet bought out foxfi, it seems. Let me know if I need to clarify anything.
did you try this in wifi tether?

1. select Change Device-Profile
2. pick Generic ICS/JB (wlan0)
3. apply "Routing Fix"

bofis

Reaction score
Just so we're clear, this ROM only works using Safestrap 3.11 and NOT 2.1 that I'm using now with ICS Eclipse? But I COULD install this over my current ICS Eclipse plus the Kexec patch and magically use a JB rom but over the ICS kernel? So I can't right now return to the safe side, boot into stock ICS, update to JB, and keep using the old Safestrap? Also should I even take teh OTA or will I loose ROOT that way? Sorry if this seems like a totally noob post filled with questions, but thank you for all the amazing dev support you've provided for this wonderful phone!

Dom1000

Reaction score
I have a noob question also...

1. does this rom have notification toggles and if not could i flash them on top of the rom?
2. I like the pie style navbar can i flash that on this rom?
3. would I have to flash gapps after installing the rom?

this is an awesome rom and thanks for all/any help

kenji91

Reaction score
I have a noob question also...

1. does this rom have notification toggles and if not could i flash them on top of the rom?
2. I like the pie style navbar can i flash that on this rom?
3. would I have to flash gapps after installing the rom?

this is an awesome rom and thanks for all/any help

1. No.
2. Not sure.
3. No.

:)

Although, 1 may be launcher dependent.

kenji91

Reaction score
Not sure this has been mentioned but I just received a text at 9:20pm (PT) and everywhere it says 9:20 except for the notification pulldown - it says 12:20am.

Not a big deal but I thought I'd bring it up.