[ROM] Eclipse ICS for droid 4

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Anybody really played with Google Now yet? Do I need to change anything in accessibility to get this to work right or is it just a really glitchy version without all of the capabilities built in? I can't say "Google" and get it to open up Google now.... maybe I need to change some accessibility settings? Is there a Google now thread somewhere that I'm not seeing?
yeah its over on xda... it is a bit glitchy so thats why its not installed by default

ws6formula350

Reaction score
after toying around with it for a long long while, i finally figured out what causes my reboot issues with camera/gallery:

if i run any governor other than interactive/interactivex, that is when i get a freeze/hot reboot tryin' to share anything from camera. if i stick with interactivex, it works fine; any ideas as to why? i tried formatting each system directory individually--also tried without restoring a single thing from TiBu. this is with 1.2.6 and a clean flash of 1320 or 1320lv with SpeedScript v3.

fantastic work and thanks for everything!

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
after toying around with it for a long long while, i finally figured out what causes my reboot issues with camera/gallery:

if i run any governor other than interactive/interactivex, that is when i get a freeze/hot reboot tryin' to share anything from camera. if i stick with interactivex, it works fine; any ideas as to why? i tried formatting each system directory individually--also tried without restoring a single thing from TiBu. this is with 1.2.6 and a clean flash of 1320 or 1320lv with SpeedScript v3.

fantastic work and thanks for everything!
that sounds strange... maybe its your paticular cpu... or your kernal... did u ever try to sbf 4.0.4

ws6formula350

Reaction score
that sounds strange... maybe its your paticular cpu... or your kernal... did u ever try to sbf 4.0.4

i actually SBF'd 4.04 RIGHT before i installed 1.2.6.

i'd been having the weird errors with the camera on your deodexed .217 and with the AOKP skyline roms so i SBF'd 4.0.4; afterwards, i had similar issues and then started narrowing them down one by one and eventually found it was the governor. running NOOP for shceduling is fine; noop + hotplugx = hot reboots for me. just wondering if you had any ideas about it, lol.

bofis

Reaction score
All this talk of Governors has made me want to ask you something...isn't every governor besides hotplug or hotplugx or motohotplug just using one core? Or is it that "hotplug" governors are able to turn on/off the second core as part of how it undervolts? I had read a lil while ago that with most governors our phone would only run in single-core mode always and end up using up extra battery since it would have to work twice as hard to do the same thing two cores could have done faster.

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
All this talk of Governors has made me want to ask you something...isn't every governor besides hotplug or hotplugx or motohotplug just using one core? Or is it that "hotplug" governors are able to turn on/off the second core as part of how it undervolts? I had read a lil while ago that with most governors our phone would only run in single-core mode always and end up using up extra battery since it would have to work twice as hard to do the same thing two cores could have done faster.
Hotplugx will attempt to offline cpu1 when load is low, whereas
interactiveX will force offline cpu1 when screen is off. Hotplugging is not 100% stable on ICS kernel, IMO, so some of you will occasionally run into instability when doing either iX or hotplug governors, although I think it's worth it. I have noticed that iX is quite a bit more stable than hotplug governor though.

Last edited:
OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
performance - max speed all the time
ondemand - ondemand governor code from latest linux (3.0 at the moment) source *plus* the suspend/wake logic described above. No further optimization is done.
smartassv2 - smartass code from erasmux, It has the same suspend/wake logic as ondemandX, and similar stability optimizations as interactiveX. boostedASSv2 A modified smartassv2,tweaked the stock smartassv2, as I felt that it was to CPU needy, with the transisition ideal freq at 800MHz!! Not a very good frequency to be set for ideal, at resting awake state. I further dived into the code and changed majority of the other frequencies, and transistions-based on my conservative tweaks made from PowerBoost.
Pegasusq Pegasusq is basically an ondemand based governor which also controls hotplugging.

ckilps

Reaction score
Am I missing something, it keep saying its not signed when i try to flash it?