[ROM] Eclipse ICS for droid 4

Usuallyfaded

Reaction score
I've been running the 1320lv using hotplugx and noop. Only racking 3320ish on quad. Any suggestions to squeeze a little bit more out of this beast?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I've been running the 1320lv using hotplugx and noop. Only racking 3320ish on quad. Any suggestions to squeeze a little bit more out of this beast?

try the 1425 profile... or 1400... been tryin some stuff but im kinda limited by the kern... the 1320 regular volt is faster as well.

Usuallyfaded

Reaction score
Eh i ran through them all. I decided the 1320lv, hotplugx, noop gives me good performance and battery life. The Google now seems glitch, are there any known problems with it. Seems slow and its a pain to navigate.

Usuallyfaded

Reaction score
Do you guys think the D4 will make it on the boot loader unlock list? I seem to remember Motorola confirming some phone for unlocking. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Do you guys think the D4 will make it on the boot loader unlock list? I seem to remember Motorola confirming some phone for unlocking. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

no i think vzw doesn't like unlocked bootloaders and wants to keep em locked... so far they unlocked the dev razr and photon q which are not vzw phones.
btw google now is a little glitchy cuz it was made for jb not ics it will be better when we get the jb ota.

ws6formula350

Reaction score
no i think vzw doesn't like unlocked bootloaders and wants to keep em locked... so far they unlocked the dev razr and photon q which are not vzw phones.
btw google now is a little glitchy cuz it was made for jb not ics it will be better when we get the jb ota.

Somebody posted a link on here (I think) at one point saying that VZW would drop the ban hammer on unlocked handsets if they were detected, because of security concerns (lulz).

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Somebody posted a link on here (I think) at one point saying that VZW would drop the ban hammer on unlocked handsets if they were detected, because of security concerns (lulz).

idk how they would detect that... but the d1 has one so i dont think that will happen. i do agree they are afraid of security threats but this is also a thin veiled lie because they want to sell new phones rather than letting ppl hack the old ones so they last longer... out of contract phone 500, on contract free... the money goes somewhere.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
It just got annoying because I kept getting notifications that it couldn't log into my gmail account when the phone was not in use.

Gumdrop

Reaction score
It just got annoying because I kept getting notifications that it couldn't log into my gmail account when the phone was not in use.

happened to me as well, just go to Manage Apps and wipe all of the CACHE from all Google Apps, hasn't appeared since I did that

ndd

Reaction score
best scheduler?

if I remember correctly, myfishbear has stated that 'noop' is the best scheduler, but I was looking at speedscriptv3, and it says

#sets I/O scheduler to SIO, considered best

I assume that setting 'noop' in setcpu would override that, but I'm wondering which really is 'best'?

ndd

Reaction score
speedscript and battery life

I'm running eclipse 1.2.6 with hotplugx and noop, and my battery life still isn't very good (I get about 10 hours with light usage). I'm wondering what effect speedscript has on the battery. I see at least one place that mentions saving the battery, but I wonder if the overall effect is to speed things up at the expense of battery life...

Usuallyfaded

Reaction score
Argh... when using the lapdock watching embedded flash videos is choppy. I switch to full screen it stops. Hmmm...

Usuallyfaded

Reaction score
I'm running eclipse 1.2.6 with hotplugx and noop, and my battery life still isn't very good (I get about 10 hours with light usage). I'm wondering what effect speedscript has on the battery. I see at least one place that mentions saving the battery, but I wonder if the overall effect is to speed things up at the expense of battery life...

Mine also. When I check the stats it says the screen is the culprit. I usually have mine down as low as possible.