Detailed Safestrap Instructions

hhuck

Reaction score
OK so, no custom rom installed safestrap cannot be enabled? Thanks!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

CamoCustom

Reaction score
OK so, no custom rom installed safestrap cannot be enabled? Thanks!

Safestrap can be enabled yes, and the safe system can be enabled without a rom installed, but the safe system cannot boot without a ROM installed, because there is nothing to boot.

hhuck

Reaction score
OK, got it now!! Thanks for the replies!!

B

bens42608

I did all this last night n it worked great but the bionic's ics roms suck pretty bad. Could barely hold 4g.stock runs great. I had to give it a try but it was worthless. I stand with the fact that rooting is pointless nowadays

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

CamoCustom

Reaction score
Rooting sure isnt pointless, With one click I can restore all my apps and data with ease. I can also do what I want, when I want. If you arent hell bent on ICS roms, try out eclipse 2.2 for bionic....

B

bens42608

Rooting sure isnt pointless, With one click I can restore all my apps and data with ease. I can also do what I want, when I want. If you arent hell bent on ICS roms, try out eclipse 2.2 for bionic....

I will give that a try. But I doubt it can run any better than mine stock

B

bens42608

Eclipse runs much better than stock and the battery life is much better

I will seriously give it a try later today. You wouldn't have a download link by any chance, would you?

CamoCustom

Reaction score
I will give that a try. But I doubt it can run any better than mine stock

You sir, will eat those words! lol, It runs way better than stock, I was weary at first too. You have to give it a day or two to settle though!

B

bens42608

I am now running eclipse 2.2 in safe mode.

vbn

Reaction score
I rooted a long time ago using the 902 method and everything was running along smoothly with stock on the unsafe side and various flavors of ICS on the safe side. Accepted the update to 904 and everything continued to work just fine. Then suddenly I lost access to the safe side. Some apps indicate that I have root access, but some say I don't. The stock(unsafe) continues to work fine. Would it be safe to re-run the 902 rooting method???