Bionic Super bricked

sqleon

Reaction score
I have bricked my Bionic plenty of times, and each time I simply fxz'd back to .905. This time however I think I super bricked it. It started with being on an ics leak, I can't remember which one, though I'm pretty sure it wasn't the one that you can't get back from(6.7.235 and above). Then I flashed this rom called RedHead or something along those lines. It was too similar to stock for me so I installed bootstrap and flashed this(liquidICS) rom. So it worked out fine, But then I wanted to also have this(CM10 alpha) rom. So I uninstalled bootstrap(the apk) and installed safestrap. I thought I would be able to keep the liquid rom on the unsafe side and the cm10 alpha on the safe side. Problem is as soon as I installed safestrap I wasn't able to boot up into the unsafe side. It would go to the liquid ics boot animation and just continue forever. So I decided to reflash it using safestrap. I wiped everything and when I went to install the rom I forgot the ics safestrap doesn't let you flash in the unsafe side. So I was left with a non-functional unsafe side. I didn't bother trying anything with the safe side so from there I used RSD Lite to fxz back to .905. It's usually always successful but this time after finishing the phone booted up to the motorola logo and the touch keys lit up but it didn't go any father than that. I flashed it again a few more times just to be sure and waited 20 min each time but it never worked. So I downloaded a .902 fxz. Same deal, didn't work. Now I'm wondering wtf do I do because I thought fxz was always supposed to work.....Please help me. Also, is there any way to have it so that the liquid ics is on the unsafe side while the cm10 alpha is on the safe side? Thank you very much.

Oh and I can still get to the stock recovery menu and fastboot menu.

Last edited:

smokeyrd

Reaction score
Im having a bit of a brain fart and cant find the post im wanting to give you but theres a bionic root kit that includes a reflash for the super bricked. I believe its based on the .902 update although there may be a newer one by now. Hope this helps

eye_dea

Reaction score
Do you have the ics leak on ext sd card still? If so, try to flash the 905 fxz then go to recovery and install the ics leak.

OP
S

sqleon

Reaction score
Do you have the ics leak on ext sd card still? If so, try to flash the 905 fxz then go to recovery and install the ics leak.

Thank you! That worked, I'm back at the stock ics leak.:biggrin:

On a side note, as there any way to do what I mentioned before? The liquid ics on the unsafe side and cm10 on the safe side?

eye_dea

Reaction score
sqleon said:
Thank you! That worked, I'm back at the stock ics leak.:biggrin:

On a side note, as there any way to do what I mentioned before? The liquid ics on the unsafe side and cm10 on the safe side?

I don't like to mix bootstrap with safestrap, but i know you can. You can always have the 2 roms on ext sd card and load the one u want to run for the day on the safe side.