Detailed Safestrap Instructions

eye_dea

Reaction score
vbn said:
I rooted a long time ago using the 902 method and everything was running along smoothly with stock on the unsafe side and various flavors of ICS on the safe side. Accepted the update to 904 and everything continued to work just fine. Then suddenly I lost access to the safe side. Some apps indicate that I have root access, but some say I don't. The stock(unsafe) continues to work fine. Would it be safe to re-run the 902 rooting method???

Yes, when going to 904 most people lost root, but motofail regains it. You may need to reinstall safestrap app again too.

B

bens42608

Eclipse runs much better than stock and the battery life is much better

Dude. Just wanna say thanks 4 the advice. I'm really enjoying eclipse. I've heard that battery life is BETTER but wtf? I've not charged my phone in 15 hours and I'm at 60%! That's great.do u use a theme or no? I'm just worried that a theme could slow it down.I love the speed. My stock is still here in non safe mode but I've enjoyed staying on eclipse the pay Couple days. I forgot how much I missed flashing on myoriginal Droid.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
T

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
Dude. Just wanna say thanks? 4 the advice. I'm really enjoying eclipse. I've heard that battery life is BETTER but wtf? I've not charged my phone in 15 hours and I'm at 60%! That's great.do u use a theme or no? I'm just worried that a theme could slow it down.I love the speed. My stock is still here in non safe mode but I've enjoyed staying on eclipse the pay Couple days. I forgot how much I missed flashing on myoriginal Droid.

Welcome, I do use themes and they won't slow down your device.

B

bens42608

Welcome, I do use themes and they won't slow down your device.

You have experience with eclipse, right? What's the best theme? And I noticed some of the screenshots include a round meter at the top. I don't want that. I don't know if its an option but I like the ones that came with eclipse. I actually don't even want to change itnwith a theme cause its already so cool- unless u say there's a badass theme worth going to

CamoCustom

Reaction score
You have experience with eclipse, right? What's the best theme? And I noticed some of the screenshots include a round meter at the top. I don't want that. I don't know if its an option but I like the ones that came with eclipse. I actually don't even want to change itnwith a theme cause its already so cool- unless u say there's a badass theme worth going to

If you don't want that circle battery, and want close feel to ICS, dubsx new theme here : nICEcream for Eclipseits a very clean nice looking theme.

vbn

Reaction score
Thanks, I am sending this from the unsafe side, all went without a hitch.

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums

JudyChop

Reaction score
So, what would happen if I slipped up and did the "format /system" step in unsafe mode? :/

JudyChop

Reaction score
Awesome! I love being a newbie at this stuff. I have no clue what fastboot is or how to do it.
I tried to download it from the link in the head, but it wouldn't let me. Said it was no longer there.

johnlgalt

Reaction score
I think I have the file(if it is the same one you linked me to the other day, regarding the fastboot flash order), can upload it to my MediaFire account, if you like....

Sent from my rooted .904 BIONIC running CM9 Nightlies via Tapatalk 2

JudyChop

Reaction score
How'd you get CM9 nightlies on your Bionic? I didn't think those were out yet?

johnlgalt

Reaction score
Hand crafted ICS ROMs based on the Android Open SourceProject (aka AOSP). CM9 is cyanogen's own spin on AOSP, and it is compiled nightly. Dhacker29 had ported those nightlies to the BIONIC, for use with safestrap (and, later, with boutstrap), and also builds them nightly.

These ROMs are not from Motorola. They required you to be rooted and have an alternate recovery system installed before you can install them.

Sent from my rooted .904 BIONIC running CM9 Nightlies via Tapatalk 2

JudyChop

Reaction score
So is CM9 pretty much the same thing as eclipse then? Just another ROM? Cuz that's what I'm running right now.