[HACKS] Safestrap Guide for Bionic

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Hacks' started by guidot, Mar 2, 2012.

1. jickracer007

jickracer007 New Member

Correct if you read the detailed"Safestrap" sticky you have all the information needed.
    You toggle the safestrap to disable safe system go back and hit reboot now
  2. tazwing

tazwing New Member

I have a question about Safestrap. I am trying to use safetrap for the first time. I was running kin3tx v1.0 on .894 as a straight out rom. I have recently discovered safestrap and wanted to try that (got tired of waiting for an OTA to ICS from Motorolla) so I've been working to get my phone back to stock so I could update it to the latest .905. I was following these instructions .902 Root Method (complete) + Safestrap. Features Th3ory Axi0m ROM.
    Since I was already at .905 I started with instruction 3 and got root. followed Instruction four and downloaded the Rom I wanted and went on to Fifth instruction of installing safestrap. I installed safestrap according to the instructions from guidot (thank you for the guide by the way) made backups and life was looking good but when I switched over to the safe side my phone stayed at .894. So my problem is that my non-safe stock-rooted bionic is now .905 and my safe side is at .894. I have not flashed a rom to the safe side yet but my question is. I keep seeing these roms say you need to be on .902 or .905 or you will brick dose that mean .902 on the safe side or the non-safe side since the two really don't talk to each other I am assuming it has to be on the safe side? If so then dose anybody have a sugestion as to how I can get my safe side up to .902. Or am I just being a noob and can flash the rom after wiping everything. I have looked over the forums and can not find any way to accomplish this.

Thanks
    Any and all help appreciated!!!
  3. jickracer007

jickracer007 New Member

I think you may have to re-do everything through RSD Lite and re-do motofail etc. I could be mistaken but that is what I did to get my "Bionic" running in a safe and reasonable manner.
    There will be other people that are going to respond but as far as I was concerned I wasn't going to take any chances so I did a complete wipe and install of my o.s and went from .902 -.905 using regular o.t.a and than
    re-installed "safestrap" to install Eclipse 3.0 because as it stands that is the only .905 build.
    I am sure other people will comment shortly but this is the steps that I took.
  4. chuck54

chuck54 New Member

So i keep getting bootloops from pushing the menu button at the safestrap screen, i can push tje search button and be fine, but i cant get to the custom recovery. I can get into stock recovery, wipe data, and get out of my bootloop.

I transferred all my sd card data to my internal data and that gave me two safestrap folders. I deleted one and renamed the current one so the safestrapp app would create its own folder. So i uninstalled it, uninstalled the app, rebooted, installed both, rebooted, and bootlooped when i pushed the menu button at the safestrap pre-menu.

Help?
  5. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Sounds like you have a bad install. Did you install safestrap after you installed the safestrap app? Do you have BusyBox installed?
  6. cfli1688c1

cfli1688c1 New Member

i have eclipse v3.0 with safestrap 1.07, couple of questions:
    - can i use this version of safestrap to flash a ics leak?
    - do i need to use bootstrap to flash the ics leak?
    - if i need to use bootstrap, do i need to remove safestrap before using bootstrap?

Thanks.
  7. Obsidian...

Obsidian... Member

No you can't flash a leak with either you must be running stock 905 rooted or unrooted and you flash it in stock recovery by holding down power and volume up and down all at the same time.

Sent from my XT875 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
  8. moetrain

moetrain New Member

Is Hashcode site still down as far as getting the .apk? I tried to root today and all I get is "There is a problem parsing the package."
    I'm not planning on flashing any roms soon, but I would like to be rooted so I can screenshot my phone. My fault for waiting so long I guess :(
  9. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Rooting has nothing to do with Safestrap. It needs root to work.

Here is the link to the newest Safestrap anyways: http://dl.hash-of-codes.com/ROMs/targa/

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  10. moetrain

moetrain New Member

Oops. My bad. Completely thought this was a root/safestrap combo kind of deal. Trying to get my phone rooted from my 32 bit laptop now...
  11. moetrain

moetrain New Member

Have phone rooted now, but cannot seem to get the .apk to run. re-downloaded and everything. still getting the "problem parsing package" notice.
    Rooted via Motofail (from 905) then made sure busybox was installed and running and re-downloaded the safestrap apk. read every post in this and a couple other threads and no answers.
  12. milski65

milski65 Member

You're on 232 and rooted with motofail? Any other rooted apps work? I was under the impression razr's edge was needed to root 232. I'm just jumping in on this thread, so my observations may be off a little. Sorry in advance.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  13. moetrain

moetrain New Member

This is where I'm at. Su and titanium both run.

ForumRunner_20120911_210738.png
  14. milski65

milski65 Member

You're on gb. You need to update to 232. ss won't work, neither will ics roms, on gb.

15. moetrain

moetrain New Member

Is there a general direction I should be looking? I haven't done this since my Eris and I feel like a few things have changed since then :blink:
  16. milski65

milski65 Member

What are you trying to accomplish? As in where would you like to be with your phone?

17. moetrain

moetrain New Member

I guess now that I'm rooted I am where I wanted to be. I guess I'll go wherever is stable and allows me to load SS and play around a bit..
  18. milski65

milski65 Member

Google 232 for Bionic and do some reading. My suggestion is to not upgrade any farther than that.

19. Strizay

Strizay New Member

I just have a simple question. I have stock at slot-0 and a custom rom at slot-2, if I just wanted to keep slot-2 as the main booting rom and to stop the safestrap screen, I can just uninstall the safestrap app and it will be good still right? I just don't want the safestrap screen and it to boot straight into slot-2.
  20. gijefftek

gijefftek New Member

Droid Bionic Safestrap fail

Heya Peeps,

I have safestrap installed on my droid bionic and every time I create a virtual rom slot it fails for some reason, I have tried reinstalling safestrap to no avail. Mostly the phone reboots, sometimes it hangs on creating user.dat or some such and I have to remove the battery to get it to leave that state. I want to install CM-11 on my phone due to the Verizon screw you out of your unlimited data policy if I upgrade my phone. Any ideas would be appreciated.

GIJeffTek