[RECOVERY] Safestrap Recovery v3.1 [12/29/2012 V3.11 - Stock Flash+]

Hashcode

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
SAFESTRAP v3.11 (2nd-System Bootstrap / Recovery)

PRIOR TO UPGRADING TO V3.x FROM V2.x MOVE THE /sdcard/safestrap FOLDER FROM YOUR /sdcard TO THE /sdcard-ext. THIS OPENS UP VALUABLE INTERNAL EMMC SPACE WHERE ROM SLOTS ARE CREATED. AND KEEPS YOUR V2 BACKUPS SAFE IN CASE YOU WANT TO REVERT TO V2 AND USE THEM TO RESTORE.

** INSERT STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm not responsible for any damage you do to your phone using my tools. Always have a fastboot available for disaster recovery. **

Download the APK Installer Here for "BIONIC, RAZR/MAXX and DROID 4"
FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS: How to Safestrap
[ DOUBLE-CHECK you have the BIONIC/RAZR/DROID4 VERSION ]

CHANGES:
  • [12/29] (3.11) Allow use of custom updater-binary in .zip files for flashing on stock ROM (virtual slots still use prebuilt updater-binary in recovery).
  • [12/29] (3.11) BUGFIX: Fixed fake flash error at the end of a .zip install. (No real error, .zip installs fine)
  • [12/29] (3.10) Early support for booting custom ROMs on stock partitions.
  • [12/29] (3.10) Enable flashing to stock ROM *BE CAREFUL -- NEW FEATURE -- STILL TESTING*
    • After .zip installations, nandroid restore or system wipe on the stock ROM: the current Safestrap files are restored to the system partition (Doesn't include the APK in /data -- so if you're restoring an old backup, be sure to update the Safestrap APK)
    • During the Safestrap files restore a check is done to be sure there are minimal files on /system to re-enter Safestrap
  • [12/29] (3.10) New virtual system partitions will be 640mb (closer match to stock RAZR/D4)
  • [12/27] (3.07) Bugfix: missed some changes in Safestrap 3.06
  • [12/26] (3.06) Bugfix/Update for JB4.1 OTA for DroidRAZR (Non-JB devices can also use)
  • [10/17] (3.05) Fixed SD card / emmc sharing in recovery (UMS)
  • [10/17] (3.05) Fixed recovery installation/removal from ROM-slots
  • [10/14] Updated to v3.04 BETA.
  • [10/14] Recovery is now based off TWRP 2.2.2.1 (fully featured touch-based recovery)
  • [10/14] Can create up to 4 Virtual ROM-slots to flash ROMs to and when "Active" ALL TWRP functions affect that ROM-slot (For example: Flashing .zips, Backup and Restore)
  • [10/14] Nearly instant swapping from ROM to ROM
  • [10/14] User selectable data partition sizes during ROM slot creation: 1GB, 2GB or 3GB
  • [10/14] ROM slots are saved on the internal emmc space so that preinstall and webtop partitions are no longer used and shouldn't break OTAs.
  • [10/14] Charging in recovery
  • [10/14] Supports "Reboot Recovery" from Android OS

Entry to recovery via Splashscreen on boot-up. The screen stays up for around 8-10 seconds and if you hit the menu button, it takes you to Safestrap Recovery.

SPECIAL THANKS TO:

• The entire TWRP team who has built an AMAZING recovery system.
  • The testers which have helped in past and present versions of Safestrap, knowing that it could mean they brick their devices.

As always, let me know what you think!

Last edited:

kac8866

Reaction score
Sorry for this silly question, but I'm on 3.05. Can I just install 3.11 without loss of data? And can I install from a custom ROM or do I need to be on stock?

pistacio

Reaction score
I would like to know this answer also...

It seems to me that we would have to boot into stock, and update SS from there, so it will replace 3.05.

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
All I did to upgrade from 3.05 was boot up stock rom, open safestrap and uninstall recovery, delete old 3.05 apk, then find the new apk where I downloaded it, install the apk, then open it and hit install recovery. Worked flawlessly.

Thanks hash, safestrap is so awesome!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Fadtydawg

Reaction score
Safe strap 3.11 is Amazing!!! Best out there! Thank you!!
Monster Bionic!!!

adamantiumpimp

Reaction score
Hurrrr

Ok gurus. I thought I was pretty adept at this whole thing. Apparently not. I had Eclipse flashed. Aokp just released a bionic version, so I grabbed that. I wiped everything including system and storage then mounted and copied the rom. Now whenever I go to install I get the file list from before I wiped storage and the newly added zip (only thing on the sd card according to Windows Explorer) is nowhere to be found. Is there a way to force recovery to recheck the contents of my storage? Currently sitting with no OS on the device. :frown:

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Are you sure it's not somewhere else? Downloads folder in internal storage perhaps?

Liquid Smooth Bionic

Fadtydawg

Reaction score
Can you boot to stock ROM? If so do it and reboot to recovery. Your files should show up. I sometime have to do that.

Monster Bionic!!!

adamantiumpimp

Reaction score
Can you boot to stock ROM? If so do it and reboot to recovery. Your files should show up. I sometime have to do that.

Monster Bionic!!!

No OS at all. Also it's not that I lost it. It's displaying contents that no longer exist.

adamantiumpimp

Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Pulled the sd card and started up then shut down, inserted sd card and booted up. Targa AOKP fully operational.