[RECOVERY] Safestrap Recovery v3.7x [05/15/2014 V3.73 - TWRP 2.7]

GigaJake

Reaction score
Re: Safestrap Recovery v3.1 [12/29/2012 V3.11 - Stock Flash+]

So, last night I installed safestrap on my brand new DROID4. To make a long story short, I wiped the Stock ROM slot and I have no backup. I have CM 10.1 running in ROM-Slot-1, but I'd like to restore the Stock ROM if possible.

I think there's a big complicated process to fix the error you have involving removing safestrap via ADB. I'll just make a backup and throw up a link in a sec.

EDIT:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzYAKrurx84jdjgwc3VsUFhBTTA/edit?usp=sharing

unzip and throw it on your SD card somewhere. I'm pretty sure the default location for backups is TWRP/backups/ and just move the folder there. It's just the system, no data. Hopefully it works.

Sent from my DROID 4 using Tapatalk 2

donmanguno

Reaction score
I'll just make a backup and throw up a link

You, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman.

New problem: I'm awaiting my new MicroSD card in the mail. All I have at the moment is a 1GB that I had lying around which isn't large enough for this file. Anyone know where the backups go on internal storage? I tried TWRP/backups/ and I tried safestrap/backups/ but there are no packages listed.

GigaJake

Reaction score
Anyone know where the backups go on internal storage?

Made a backup on my Internal to see where it saved, and it's in:

"TWRP/BACKUPS/0000000000000000/"

Why the internal storage has a folder with 16 0's I don't know, but if that folder doesn't exist yet, make it, and throw the back up in there.

ylak26

Reaction score
I would like to know this also, i don't like bricks.........

yess sirrr.. just uninstalled safestrap recovery. backed up superuser with voodoo root keeper. then installed the update. for some reason I had to uninstall the safestrap app then reinstall after the update. open it and install safestrap recovery. everything still works the same. it even managed to keep root through the update. but still used voodoo to restore just incase.

hamann5

Reaction score
can someone help me I installed safestrap before installing JB update. did a backup then uninstalled safestrap recovery but not the app (i also didn't unroot) I then installed the OTA with no problems however now after the update I tried opening safestrap app to install the recovery and it says "unforunately safestrap has stopped working" so i tried uninstalling the app and reflashing the apk however still have the same problem. anyone have any idea how to get safestrap working on JB update?? Thanks in advance

hamann5

Reaction score
think I found my problem..seems that after OTA update I am now unrooted again however I still have superuser app on there but no root access..trying to re-root now

UPDATE:

The root exploit I used couple days ago to root my phone seems to be haveing errors now and not working. Like I said before I still have SU installed but I used a few root checker apps and they are all saying I do not have root access. I have all the lastest moto drivers installed im in MTP mode and debugging enabled and also have unknown scourses checked off..am I missing something? is there a new expoit for JB? I tried OTA root keeper before installing OTA now that I remember and tried the restore root on it, and had no success anyway to get rooted again?

hamann5

Reaction score
Seems that the root didn't carry over the update..and as for the root exploit I was running razr edge root which seems to not work on JB update. I then saw the razr blade root exploit and it worked so problem solved..you need razr blade root exploit to gain root access after JB update

surgesound

Reaction score
Silly question? I currently have Safestrap v3.05 installed (and working fine) with (now) OTA JB installed and rooted. Is there any benefit (and/or risk) to upgrading Safestrap to v3.11? What do I need to do to make this happen?

kwyrt

Reaction score
Silly question? I currently have Safestrap v3.05 installed (and working fine) with (now) OTA JB installed and rooted. Is there any benefit (and/or risk) to upgrading Safestrap to v3.11? What do I need to do to make this happen?

Take a look at the change log in the OP for benefits. Really no risk going from 3.05 to 3.11. All you do is boot into stock. Open the the safestrap app. Uninstall recovery. Uninstall the safestrap app. Install the new safestrap 3.11 app. Open app and install recovery. That's it. Your existing rom slots should carry over and everything.

Sent from my Droid 4 - Eclipse JB

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
So, I'm about searched out here. Safestrap is not cooperating with me it seems.

Rooted
Installed BusyBox 1.21.0
Installed Safestrap
Installed recovery using app
Have NOT removed the app
Rebooted
Splash screen comes up
I hit menu, complete with haptic feedback......and it just continues to boot to the normal system like I never pressed anything at all, or pressed the search button.

Running stock OTA JB. I do have CWM Rom Manager installed. Not sure if that'll affect anything.

I made sure that I have no old Safestrap installed (went through the manual uninstallation of SafeStrap) so, I'm really kinda...stuck.

Why isn't it going into the Safestrap recovery when I hit menu? I try to make the phone boot into normal recovery via the power+vol keys, and it boots into the stock recovery just fine (bypasses the safestrap splash screen), but that's all I get for recovery. :(

Anyone else ever run in to this, and, more importantly, find a way to fix it? :p

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I will tell you this happened to me. I have not fixed it, but I was able to reinstall the old 2.X Safestrap after uninstalling the 3.1 app.
It now shows the new splash screen but the old safestrap.

YMMV

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2