[RECOVERY] Safestrap Recovery v3.7x [05/15/2014 V3.73 - TWRP 2.7]

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
I will tell you this happened to me. I have not fixed it, but I was able to reinstall the old 2.X Safestrap after uninstalling the 3.1 app.
It now shows the new splash screen but the old safestrap.

YMMV
Actually tried installing the old Safestrap 2.X, and the app would freeze and crash on me after I clicked "install recovery".

It would FC anytime I tried to open it. 3.X also started doing a FC if I tried to open it with this 2.X recovery installed. This is actually the situation that led to me having to do a manual uninstall of safestrap.

Your sig and such would tell me you're still running a D3. I'm going to assume this means you're still running a GB kernel. The fact that the D4 is now on a JB kernel would make me believe that Safestrap 2.X isn't meant for the JB kernel, thus the FC issues. Just a thought.

I appreciate the input, though! :)

kwyrt

Reaction score
Haven't seen it mentioned over hear yet so if you haven't heard, safestrap is up to version 3.51. Check out hashcode's thread on XDA for more info.

droid 4 - CM10.2

clowe

Reaction score
I'm currently using rom slot 1 Pacman Rom and the stock slot w/cm10.2 on the new safestrap 3.51. For some reason I'm unable to create rom slots for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th slots because I'm only able to access my internal memory (NOT EXTERNAL SD CARD) to make new rom slots. I only have 119mb of memory left. Please help because on safe strap 3.11 I was able to access my external 64 gb sd card to create rom slot for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th slots and never had a memory problem. Is there any way for me to access my external sd card memory to untilize the rest of the rom slots? 8gb isn't enough internal memory which is why I brought the 64gb sd card. Thanks

OP
Hashcode

Hashcode

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
I'm currently using rom slot 1 Pacman Rom and the stock slot w/cm10.2 on the new safestrap 3.51. For some reason I'm unable to create rom slots for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th slots because I'm only able to access my internal memory (NOT EXTERNAL SD CARD) to make new rom slots. I only have 119mb of memory left. Please help because on safe strap 3.11 I was able to access my external 64 gb sd card to create rom slot for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th slots and never had a memory problem. Is there any way for me to access my external sd card memory to untilize the rest of the rom slots? 8gb isn't enough internal memory which is why I brought the 64gb sd card. Thanks

ROM slots weren't moved in 3.5x. Your original 4 should all be there. And you can now see the sizes of each slot if it's active. Is there a chance you made the 1st slot a 3GB data size which is using all your room?

I've never allowed for creating ROM slots on the external SD card. Sorry :(

clowe

Reaction score
ROM slots weren't moved in 3.5x. Your original 4 should all be there. And you can now see the sizes of each slot if it's active. Is there a chance you made the 1st slot a 3GB data size which is using all your room?

I've never allowed for creating ROM slots on the external SD card. Sorry :(
I just figured out what happened with my memory. After recently undating to jellybean 4.1.2 from ics 4.0.4 I'm having problems utilizing my external sd card memory. I'm not even able to move apps to my sd card. By default my internal memory is only being used so I moved everything off my internal sd card to make room to create rom slots until I can figure out how to make my 64 gb sd card memory the default as I was able to do on ics

bofis

Reaction score
Updated the OP with Safestrap 3.53
Thank you! If I'm running CM10 in Slot 1 (with stock still in stock) with Safestrap 3.11 right now, can I use your APK installer to upgrade to 3.5.3 and will that work and keep my rom slots?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Thanks for the update.

kenji91

Reaction score
I have a little situation here. I have the apk's for 3.11 and 3.65, not yet 3.73. However, my phone was dropped in water and the touch screen doesn't work anymore. I have a replacement phone but I want to back up my phone the way it is before I swap phones. Unfortunately, I was able to get into SS using 3.65 but that is mostly a touch screen app now. I believe 3.11 was still able to be navigated via the arrow keys? However, there's no way of rebooting into SS in 3.11

You guys have any way of me getting into a recovery that will allow me to back up my phone now using only the arrow keys on the physical keyboard? Or any other solution?

Thanks!