[HACKS] Safestrap Guide for Bionic

jickracer007

Reaction score
No it was totally wiped I had to do a fast boot with the power button and on off and completely up load O.S that link I posted was by far the best as far a everything being laid out correctly.
Can I ask in your preference which back-up do you recommend.
I don't know why I am having issues with getting this phone to update.
I started out with the th3ory build and was happy but I wanted to have cloud music and now I don't have blue tooth and my calls are getting dropped.
I had the Dinc as my first android and maneuvered with that one so easily as far as r.o.m.s were concerned.
my name is Jack by the way I'm from jersey and the only reason I have this "free" time to get rapped up in figuring this out is cause I not working 8^(

jickracer007

Reaction score
Also what do you think of the pete's onestep that was the original version I used, which upset me because I added the 4 lines of script to allow the o.t.a's to come through, lol
guidot the links are they also good for Bionic or just the three?

I am not exactly sure which way to go at this point.
running 5.5.886 stock currently and the o.t.a will download but on install about %25 and than it re-boots without competing the update

jickracer007

Reaction score
d3

I was one of them actually I think I responded to one of your particular threads asking that same question.
I agree I appreciate your help 8^)

tattooz

Reaction score
I am using safestrap and installed Eclipse 2.2 ROM on my safe system. I then went back to my unsafe, stock system and flashed the 904 leak on it. Can I go back to my safe system and use Eclipse or do I need to reflash it?

Lownignitus

Reaction score
I am using safestrap and installed Eclipse 2.2 ROM on my safe system. I then went back to my unsafe, stock system and flashed the 904 leak on it. Can I go back to my safe system and use Eclipse or do I need to reflash it?

If you flashed right ( ether having forever root or protected root with voodoo) just open the safestrap app on unsafe side and click install recovery to reconnect the app to the partition. Otherwise run motofail again, reinstall safestrap(if needed) and reinstall the recovery.

No need to wipe or reinstall a rom when switching to safe after doing either of those steps. The partition is just as it was before you flashed 904.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

draexo

Reaction score
I just installed Safestrap. The thing is, I installed it and Eclipse Rom is on my unsafe side. Is there a way to get it to safe side? How do I get stock back to the unsafe side?

Lownignitus

Reaction score
I just installed Safestrap. The thing is, I installed it and Eclipse Rom is on my unsafe side. Is there a way to get it to safe side? How do I get stock back to the unsafe side?

Safestrap is ALWAYS installed on the unsafe side. You never want to put it on safe side. Safe side is the side you are always changing. Unsafe is the side you never want to change.

If you have safestrap on unsafe you would basically screw everything up the first time you reflash it. Also never put safestrap or bootstrap on the unsafe side. Nothing but trouble.

And you flashed eclipse befire adding safestrap?

Remove safestrap recovery. Uninstall safestrap. Reinstall whatever you used to install eclipse. Using that revert back to your stock nandroid. Reinstall safestrap. Reinstall recovery. Reboot into safestrap recovery. Backup unsafe side. Switch to safe mode. Flash eclipse. Reboot phone and enjoy eclipse on safe side.

draexo

Reaction score
I followed the instructions. I even made a backup on my UNSAFE side. Then I attempted to toggle to my SAFE side. I receive an error here "failed to restore data" or something like that. I have 4GB free, which should be enough to switch, I believe. I am unable to switch to the "SAFE" side. When I reboot, I end up with my default ROM with no user data. I have to then reboot and restore my backup I made in SafeStrap to get everything back.

What is going wrong here?

Lownignitus

Reaction score
Ill have to comb through post on droidhive and see if can find anything helpful. I personally have never had any issues what so ever with switching between modes or safestrap messing up my unsafe rom (which has always been pure stock).

But sounds like you might have messed something up along the way and probably be a good idea to FXZ the phone to stock and start over from scratch

draexo

Reaction score
Ill have to comb through post on droidhive and see if can find anything helpful. I personally have never had any issues what so ever with switching between modes or safestrap messing up my unsafe rom (which has always been pure stock).

But sounds like you might have messed something up along the way and probably be a good idea to FXZ the phone to stock and start over from scratch

Does my UNSAFE Rom have to be pure stock?

OP
guidot

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No it doesn't but its recommended as it would be a pain to update it if you wanted to.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk 2

Lownignitus

Reaction score
Yeah if you ever want to update unsafe side to stock ics your process will be twice as long to do if you replace stock rom.

jayman350

Reaction score
ok here's a question that I haven't seen asked/answered

I have the stock 902 ROM running on my unsafe side, I want to flash a zip onto this setup. Before I booted into recovery I deleted everything that was under sdcard/safestrap, assuming that this would prevent it from loading anything up and would just keep things as they were except now I can flash zips. When I switch between safe/unsafe to be able to flash a zip it restores the last custom rom I was running (in this case Gummy 1.0).

Will using the option to do the quick toggle actually accomplish what I am looking to do here?