CyanogenMod for Droid 5.0.5.7

Droidnotberry

Reaction score
You will like it cyanogen roms are by far the fastest out there try a bekit or p3 droid kernel.I like the p3 droid kernel the best 1000 ghz good work again guys

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thanks, I just got it up and running. I know when I installed UD I had a choice of kernels on Rom manager. I dont see that anymore and I'm only able to OC to 600mhz. Sorry for the dumb noob question, but can you tell me how to get these Kernels and how to install them (hopefully thru Rom manger). Thanks

hookerdj

Reaction score
You have to go in rom manager and enable developer mode and download a kernel that's what I stated try a droid one first

hookerdj

Reaction score
click cyanogen in rom man and then go down to p3droid kernel hit 1000 ghz andd download/it like its a rom and it will self install

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
click cyanogen in rom man and then go down to p3droid kernel hit 1000 ghz andd download/it like its a rom and it will self install

Been reading and following on this thread. Thanks for the help hokerdj

Droidnotberry

Reaction score

Thanks so much, its downloading now. I hate being one to ask simpleton questions, and usually search like a madman first. I completely forgot about developer mode on RM. I really appreciate the quick response. :biggrin:

RoLa

Reaction score
I'm just stating that I have no problems with my alarm clock..5.0.5.7 bekits 5slot1.2..I hope to see you find and fix the issue:)

trumpet444

Reaction score
...pretty sure i'm gonna sound like an a$$ but whatever. Bacalao, what exactly does your avatar have to do at all with droid/droidforums, etc. I'm pretty sure that falls into the political/religion category and if I'm correct, thats supposed to not be allowed. Its the same as if I used a picture of Jesus, or the cross, or an Obama picture/symbol, or a republican/democrat symbol.....I'd probably be told not to. I'm sure that Darwin falls into the religion/anti-religion category.....and my comment is probably gonna be removed but oh well. I'm here for DROID related topics not subtle hints at religion/politics, anti-religion/anti-politics, evolution/creationism, blah blah blah blah

droid_maine

Reaction score
Nop. You not the only one my alarm did not work today

I was late for work :) :icon_ banana:

My alarm also did not go off this morning, so that makes 3 of us that I know of that are having this issue... I am reading the forum at cyanogenmod.com now to see if there have been any other reports or fixes mentioned. This ROM section is fairly new to droidforums.net, so I want to make sure I have covered all my bases. If I find anything I will post a follow-up...:)

holy crap, so it wasn't just me. I overslept over 3 hours this morning!! haha
I thought it worked the night before, but I had just loaded it and trying it out.

I have resolved my issue with the alarm... Turns out the alarm volume setting was down. I read a few post's on CM's site regarding the issue, fairly common question.

My best guess is that the alarm volume setting must be turned down in the Nandroid Recovery install files... So, when you make the move to CM 5.0.5.7 it overwrites whatever volume setting you had previously.

If you are also having this issue please check your volume settings for the alarm...

Good Luck,

Ryan

P.S.
I am loving this ROM! Looks like I will need to update my sig... :icon_eek:

bigsal82

Reaction score
i installed Cyanogen 5.0.5.7 on two droids yesterday one was mine. I used the bekit 5x1000ghz kernel and neither droid had a problem with the alarm. its been a pretty good rom overall just a little sluggish here and there and im wondering if its my theme makin it this way. dont feel like reinstalling the rom to remove the theme.

madsquabbles

Reaction score
Aldiko problem

i just tried out the rom and loved it, for the 20 minutes i had it on. the only problem that i had was with Aldiko.

like ud's 10 rom and some nexus cyanogenmod users, aldiko opens at the beginning of the last chapter read instead of the last page read. since aldiko is my most used app i had to revert back to ud 9.8.

if anyone has any input on how to fix this issue i'd appreciate it. i did read where cyanogen 5.0.5.2 fixed the issue and even an updated aldiko once fixed the issue, both were on nexus ones. i'm running aldiko 1.2.9.

hookerdj

Reaction score
i installed Cyanogen 5.0.5.7 on two droids yesterday one was mine. I used the bekit 5x1000ghz kernel and neither droid had a problem with the alarm. its been a pretty good rom overall just a little sluggish here and there and im wondering if its my theme makin it this way. dont feel like reinstalling the rom to remove the theme.
try a p3droid kernel it sped my droid right up and made it alot cooler too

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
How do I manually do the google add on from page 1?

Thanks

Just download the .zip and then install it via Recovery. On Clockwork you can just select it from the sdcard.

EDIT: now that I think of it you might be able to install it via ROM Manager too.