CyanogenMod for Droid 5.0.5.7

JasonLee

Reaction score
i messed up and stuck at m logo so im gonna manual install. do i unzip the link in the OP to a folder and place under backups in clockwork to do this??

Reaction score
I tried loading this bad boy up through RM and I was missing the market app.... that's a first. Maybe I'll just wait for 5.0.6 and hopefully the nextheme will work with it as well. I'm hooked on that. Guess I'll go back to UD10 for now.

bigsal82

Reaction score
I'm glad I made the switch to this rom. It's running beautifully. Best my phone has run. I really like clockwork and the whole rom manager thing. I don't recommend the smoked glass theme though. It made my phone a bit slower for whatever reason. I reinstalled cyanogen with bekits 1ghz and it's smooth as butter.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I tried loading this bad boy up through RM and I was missing the market app.... that's a first. Maybe I'll just wait for 5.0.6 and hopefully the nextheme will work with it as well. I'm hooked on that. Guess I'll go back to UD10 for now.
You need to check off Google Apps during the download process

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
went from UD 9.8 to this, glad I did. temps seldom go above 98F with setcpu running on demand.

bacalao

Reaction score
My alarm also did not go off this morning, so that makes 3 of us that I know of that are having this issue... I am reading the forum at cyanogenmod.com now to see if there have been any other reports or fixes mentioned. This ROM section is fairly new to droidforums.net, so I want to make sure I have covered all my bases. If I find anything I will post a follow-up...:)

holy crap, so it wasn't just me. I overslept over 3 hours this morning!! haha
I thought it worked the night before, but I had just loaded it and trying it out.

I have resolved my issue with the alarm... Turns out the alarm volume setting was down. I read a few post's on CM's site regarding the issue, fairly common question.

My best guess is that the alarm volume setting must be turned down in the Nandroid Recovery install files... So, when you make the move to CM 5.0.5.7 it overwrites whatever volume setting you had previously.

If you are also having this issue please check your volume settings for the alarm...

Good Luck,

Ryan

P.S.
I am loving this ROM! Looks like I will need to update my sig... :icon_eek:
Actually, this morning it went off just fine, however, it couldn't snooze. Seemed like anything will just dismiss it. That's not a serious thing, and I can't say definitely that's what happened because I was under the influence of sleep! It's resolved for me, I should get up the first time I hear it anyway!

bacalao

Reaction score
...pretty sure i'm gonna sound like an a$$ but whatever. Bacalao, what exactly does your avatar have to do at all with droid/droidforums, etc. I'm pretty sure that falls into the political/religion category and if I'm correct, thats supposed to not be allowed. Its the same as if I used a picture of Jesus, or the cross, or an Obama picture/symbol, or a republican/democrat symbol.....I'd probably be told not to. I'm sure that Darwin falls into the religion/anti-religion category.....and my comment is probably gonna be removed but oh well. I'm here for DROID related topics not subtle hints at religion/politics, anti-religion/anti-politics, evolution/creationism, blah blah blah blah

It's fine, you don't sound like an a$$, you are the first person who has taken notice of it. Sorry it's out of taste for the forum, it was the only tiny-avatarable picture I had (I'm a bit lazy). Didn't think about it. Will change when I have some time at least for the sake that this isn't the place. Just one comment, Darwin falls in to the category of science, it is people that are uncomfortable with facts that threaten their beliefs that decided to make a big deal about it.
My name bacalao means codfish in spanish, so I originally wanted some kind of fish... haha

Last edited:

stlcity

Reaction score
Heard that 5.0.6 is in the works and will be released soon. It is in beta testing....

NVM did not see the other thread...sorry

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
So I ran my same apps as I usually do, On UD I would have 30% baterry by the end of the night. Switching to CM...I have over 60% left still. I cannot believe the battery difference.

richrcp

Reaction score
Issue with Epocrates

Just switched over from UD_10.0 and must say that Cyanogen is extremely smooth. The only issue I am having is with a medical program I use called Epocrates. when I select the icon it just sticks in the boot process!!!!! I had this same issue in UD 10.0 and have attempted multiple installs with no luck, any ideas????????:icon_eek:

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
never heard of it, looked like something I could use so I just installed and am having same issue.

richrcp

Reaction score
never heard of it, looked like something I could use so I just installed and am having same issue.
It worked well in UD_9.8 with no issues whatsoever. I just wonder what change would have caused this in both ROM's???????:icon_eek:

Reaction score
Is the nextheme available for this CM Version?

I'm new to CM, been on BD since forever... I was hoping they would post pics of the ROM with the different themes so I know what I was getting into. Anyone know where I can find pics of the available themes?

Any thoughts on which ones are the best?

Last edited:

hookerdj

Reaction score
Its in rom manager under hex its a next theme it runs my phone smooth xrom 1.1 its cyanogen 5057 with a nex theme

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk