cyanogenMod help please

negligentinmate

Reaction score
i have a droid pro running 2.2.1 rooted using superoneclick.. i installed ROM manager and downloaded cyanogenMod.zip from this site to my sd.. i first flashed clockworkrecovery but when it asks to choose my model of phone, the pro isnt available...the droid x and 2 are ....i went with choosing the x (figured it was the closest) now my rom manager will not flash any roms, when it reboots, its just a normal reboot, and even when i try to reboot into recovery thru R.M. it simply reboots normally....HELPPPP....and also phone phone gets stuck on the boot screen when i attempt to manually boot into recovery..

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
i have a droid pro running 2.2.1 rooted using superoneclick.. i installed ROM manager and downloaded cyanogenMod.zip from this site to my sd.. i first flashed clockworkrecovery but when it asks to choose my model of phone, the pro isnt available...the droid x and 2 are ....i went with choosing the x (figured it was the closest) now my rom manager will not flash any roms, when it reboots, its just a normal reboot, and even when i try to reboot into recovery thru R.M. it simply reboots normally....HELPPPP....and also phone phone gets stuck on the boot screen when i attempt to manually boot into recovery..

Flashing a rom onto an unsupported device will always cause problems. There really aren't any stable custom roms for the Pro because there isn't much love in the developer community for the phone.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing you'll have to do a SBF flash:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-pro/112314-official-droid-pro-sbf-tbh.html

rafeee2

Reaction score

when i try to reboot into recovery thru R.M. it simply reboots normally.: To boot into CWM recovery you have to buy either the Droid X or Droid 2 Bootstrap applications. Then proceed to click the first button then the second one and voila, CWM recovery.

phone gets stuck on the boot screen when i attempt to manually boot into recovery: You have to turn off USB debugging to boot into stock recovery. Actually you need to turn it off to boot into any kind of recovery.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I misread. I thought you already had gone through the install process on cyanogenMod and ran into complications because of that. rafeee2 is correct. You'll need the Droid 2 Bootstrapper in order to boot into Clockwork recovery.

And as far as I know, CyanogenMod won't work with the Pro.

OP
N

negligentinmate

Reaction score

when i try to reboot into recovery thru R.M. it simply reboots normally.: To boot into CWM recovery you have to buy either the Droid X or Droid 2 Bootstrap applications. Then proceed to click the first button then the second one and voila, CWM recovery.

phone gets stuck on the boot screen when i attempt to manually boot into recovery: You have to turn off USB debugging to boot into stock recovery. Actually you need to turn it off to boot into any kind of recovery.

in reference to the declicking usb debugging, thank you immensely...had not seen that mentioned anywhere along the way... and im gonna try to find the bootstrap without paying...havent had to pay for a single thing yet and im rooted/modded...so why start paying now?lol

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Obtaining paid apps for free is not what this community is about.

Good Luck.

OP
N

negligentinmate

Reaction score
Obtaining paid apps for free is not what this community is about.

Good Luck.

guidot, i do apologize for the misunderstanding, i was not asking for them, simply making a statement, i should have worded it better.

on a side note, i stumbled across a GB 2.3 update and im currently trying to update my phone from froyo (2.2.1) to GB....hoping i dont lose my root...:icon_eek:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You will. A side effect of an OTA update.

Sent from my A855.

OP
N

negligentinmate

Reaction score
im not doing an OTA update, i downloaded the gb update.zip to my root folder on sd card and im going in thru recovery to update....ive tried twice but no luck yet..running into some verification issue.. but imma post my issu on that thread.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
im not doing an OTA update, i downloaded the gb update.zip to my root folder on sd card and im going in thru recovery to update....ive tried twice but no luck yet..running into some verification issue.. but imma post my issu on that thread.

Unless you have 2 zip files, that update.zip is the OTA update. Someone pulled it off their phone and posted it. You will lose root.