clockwork ROMmanager acting oddly

moveright

Reaction score
I noticed that when I choose to boot recovery in rom manager, it basically just reboots the phone. It doesn't enter recovery. is that normal? I was expecting the console with the green items controlled by the camera and power button.

miketoasty

Reaction score
ROM Manager wasn't built for our phones so its trying to send you to a recovery that isn't there. Also you really shouldn't use ROM Manager as it may have some unwanted effects.

OP
M

moveright

Reaction score
ROM Manager wasn't built for our phones so its trying to send you to a recovery that isn't there. Also you really shouldn't use ROM Manager as it may have some unwanted effects.

What do you suggest?

OP
M

moveright

Reaction score
Use the D2 bootstrap recovery and manually install roms.

Ohhhhh, you meant don't use rom manager to load roms.... just for nandroid backups and the like. Alright, so the bootstrap recovery, that app that has the red screen and two option buttons right?

miketoasty

Reaction score

Ohhhhh, you meant don't use rom manager to load roms.... just for nandroid backups and the like. Alright, so the bootstrap recovery, that app that has the red screen and two option buttons right?

I would suggest don't use it at all. Everything on there can be done with the tool built for Droid 2/X. Kouch's Droid 2 Bootstrap.

OP
M

moveright

Reaction score

I would suggest don't use it at all. Everything on there can be done with the tool built for Droid 2/X. Kouch's Droid 2 Bootstrap.

I had no idea. thanks!

bassdj

SliceThemez Theme Creator
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
iamandroid.co
Rom manager and Droid 2 are not friends unfortunately

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App