Droid Recovery

TooNinja4You

Reaction score
I rooted my Droid 1 with SuperOneClick yesterday and I have root access, but ROMMANAGER won't work. I flashed Clockwork recovery, and when I download a ROM and try to boot into recovery, all that happens is it reboots, shows me the Motorola logo twice, and then just starts up normally without the new ROM installed.

So Here's my question:
how can I get Clockwork recovery to work (the other recovery doesn't work either)

leftspin

Reaction score
I'm not an OG Droid expert by any means (I use a Droid X), but you probably need to bootstrap to be able to boot into CWM

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I rooted my Droid 1 with SuperOneClick yesterday and I have root access, but ROMMANAGER won't work. I flashed Clockwork recovery, and when I download a ROM and try to boot into recovery, all that happens is it reboots, shows me the Motorola logo twice, and then just starts up normally without the new ROM installed.

So Here's my question:
how can I get Clockwork recovery to work (the other recovery doesn't work either)

Here's something I wrote while I was using CWR on my Droid:

Clockwork Notes:

The first thing about Clockwork is trying to get Rom Manager to flash a good copy onto your phone. Here is a fool proof method to determine whether you have a good copy before trying to reboot into it. Begin by scrolling down and flashing the alternative recovery – SpRecovery. After it successfully loads, scroll up and flash Clockwork. If it takes longer than 3-5 seconds to get the popup telling you the install was successful, reflash it over and over until you do get that popup in 3-5 seconds. Once that happens, you have a good install.

Once you have rebooted into Clockwork and are navigating through its menu, if at any time it hesitates that means it is about to reboot automatically. When Clockwork does reboot and the screen goes dark, immediately press and hold the X key until the phone reboots back into Clockwork. Clockwork will now be totally stable until you finish.

If the first thing you do with Clockwork, during any particular session, is to try and make a Nandroid backup and you get an error message (without regard to what it says), you should just wait a few seconds and not do anything. That is because Clockwork is about to reboot the phone. As stated above, as soon as the screen goes dark, press and hold the X key until the phone reboots back into Clockwork. Then start over and Clockwork will work as it was intended for the rest of the session.

Also, you should know that there is a new recovery available now - RZR. It is based on SPR. I have been using it for some time now and it is terrific. It is stable and more fully functioned than either SpRecovery or Clockwork. Here’s a link to the thread (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ra...-based-update-zips-battery-charging-more.html). You download the zip, put it on the root of the sdcard and then install it with Clockwork or SPR.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I don't feel like re-rooting -_-
Is there anyother way I can put a ROM on my phone?

Yeah. Just put the rom on the sd and flash it. But you'll need a working recovery to do that, or you can risk "bricking" the phone and will end up having to use rsd lite to fix it.