Please help!!!

arch7angels

Reaction score
I apologize ahead of time if this has been asked before. I have looked all over, but haven't found anything. Here is my problem...

I have a rooted Droid X (rooted with z4root). My system is completely up to date (30.4, 2.3.340, 2.2.1 and all that jazz). For the most part I haven't had any problems with it. However...

I attempted to put on Liberty 1.5, and encountered a number of problems.

1) ROM Manager doesn't seem to back up my current stock rom. I tell it to, it runs me through the process, reboots, but when I go to look in Manage and Restore Backups, nothing loads and the screen just stays there. So as far as I know it's doing nothing for me.

2) Neither ROM Manager nor Jrummy's Droid X Overclock allow me to reboot into recovery. ROM manager just reboots, and DX OC says there was a problem.

3) When I manually attempt to boot into recovery (Power button + Home and then search) I am actually MISSING the option to install a zip from the SD Card.

I have searched all over for the answer to these problems and I'm seriously stumped. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you so much!!!

Note: I have Android Recovery 3e as my recovery boot. Don't know if that's helpful or not, but assumed it was worth mentioning.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You need Droid X Bootstrap from the market. The recovery you're booting into is stock recovery and install zips can't be flashed through there

OP
arch7angels

arch7angels

Reaction score
sorry for the late response, but thank you! it helped a lot!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App