ROM Manager Tips

ocholoco

Reaction score
rom manager problem mI

I flashed 5.0.6.1 with no problems & added bgill's black ice theme yesterday. Everything worked/still works fine, but I've been trying to flash a new kernel, but when I go to "download ROM" it says I need the latest version. Ive checked the marketplace but there are no updates to be found.i tried"fix permissions" same thing. And now I cant even uninstall & reinstall ROM manager
Any ideas/fixes? Thanks

agent42o

Reaction score
I flashed 5.0.6.1 with no problems & added bgill's black ice theme yesterday. Everything worked/still works fine, but I've been trying to flash a new kernel, but when I go to "download ROM" it says I need the latest version. Ive checked the marketplace but there are no updates to be found.i tried"fix permissions" same thing. And now I cant even uninstall & reinstall ROM manager
Any ideas/fixes? Thanks

Use Titanium backup to uninstall Rom Manager, reinstall from the market.

agent42o

Reaction score
Dumb question time. Does the Droid have to be rooted already to use this, or does RM also have a feature to do that as well? I rooted my G1, so not a complete newbie, but months ago when I did it.

Your phone needs to be rooted.

ocholoco

Reaction score
Any ideas/fixes? Thanks

Use Titanium backup to uninstall Rom Manager, reinstall from the market.

worked like a charm. thanks!

BOMBO

Reaction score
well, here goes...

In an effort to not ask the same question as many others, i have been searching here and everywhere for the last couple hours and i've not found my answer.

So, heres the issue, everytime i open ROM Manager i get the message "You Must Have the ClockworkMod Recovery installed to flash and restore ROMS"

The problem here is that ive chosen and flashed the ClockworkMod Recovery mulitple times and im successfully running CM, but when I go back into ROM Manager to, say, get a new Kernel, I get the same message.

What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance.

madmacabre

Reaction score
Bump for bombo and me, Im trying to get Recovery installed and it just freezes up and does nothing,

rooted 2.01 droid

BamaFan13

Reaction score
I keep getting can't connect to the server and my internet connection is fine...before that I was getting error loading the developers list...any help with this?

mjh68

Reaction score
well, here goes...

In an effort to not ask the same question as many others, i have been searching here and everywhere for the last couple hours and i've not found my answer.

So, heres the issue, everytime i open ROM Manager i get the message "You Must Have the ClockworkMod Recovery installed to flash and restore ROMS"

The problem here is that ive chosen and flashed the ClockworkMod Recovery mulitple times and im successfully running CM, but when I go back into ROM Manager to, say, get a new Kernel, I get the same message.

What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance.

I had that issue this morning , I think it was because I had to update the rom manager itself. Two updates were available , one for premium and one for the free version. Otherwise , if your updated try rebooting.