CyanogenMod 6 RC1 released, Let's you have your FroYo in style

otter34

Reaction score
For some reason I can't find the download link in the post. Normally I download it from my computer then put it on the root of my sd card and use rom manager from there because I don't have wifi and it's too slow to install w/out

mad3963

Reaction score
Okay, a couple things I noticed in the thread:

I'm not running this ROM, but want to give the people with questions some answers :)

As far as some market apps not showing up, those are apps that have not yet been updated for Froyo - which is understandable, but devs should be updating soon. Remember that Froyo has not been released to any Verizon phones yet, so it's system fingerprint is not recognized by the apps that haven't been updated yet. You can run the market "fix", which just reverts the system fingerprint to eclair (2.1). The downside is that you wouldn't see apps that are for 2.2 only. I hope my explanation makes sense - I have seen some better explanations from others, but I don't know where, or I would link to those :)

For the annoying superuser permission messages, I recommend opening the superuser app (ninja icon), and hitting menu -> preferences -> notification -> select "none"

On the Market apps issue, tho this explanation makes sense (and I have seen it elsewhere, as well), I can not fully agree with it, as I had at least one app that claimed to be Froyo 2.2 ready that would not show up until I installed the "fix".

Found the "fix" for the SuperUser Permissions myself this morning. Figured it had to be a SuperUser setting, just hadn't gotten around to checking it out. Tho, it still does not explain the repeated notifications from LEDs Hack, as I have never seen this on any other Froyo ROM I have tried.

mad3963

Reaction score
Okay, a couple things I noticed in the thread:

I'm not running this ROM, but want to give the people with questions some answers :)

As far as some market apps not showing up, those are apps that have not yet been updated for Froyo - which is understandable, but devs should be updating soon. Remember that Froyo has not been released to any Verizon phones yet, so it's system fingerprint is not recognized by the apps that haven't been updated yet. You can run the market "fix", which just reverts the system fingerprint to eclair (2.1). The downside is that you wouldn't see apps that are for 2.2 only. I hope my explanation makes sense - I have seen some better explanations from others, but I don't know where, or I would link to those :)

For the annoying superuser permission messages, I recommend opening the superuser app (ninja icon), and hitting menu -> preferences -> notification -> select "none"

On the Market apps issue, tho this explanation makes sense (and I have seen it elsewhere, as well), I can not fully agree with it, as I had at least one app that claimed to be Froyo 2.2 ready that would not show up until I installed the "fix".

Found the "fix" for the SuperUser Permissions myself this morning. Figured it had to be a SuperUser setting, just hadn't gotten around to checking it out. Tho, it still does not explain the repeated notifications from LEDs Hack, as I have never seen this on any other Froyo ROM I have tried.

Also, I am having an issue where Titanium Backup is caught in a download loop in the Market. That is, every time I bring it up in the Market it says it is downloading. When I tap on the "Cancel download" button I receive a force close message and the Market goes back to it's Home page. Thusly, I can not install Titanium Backup. Any ideas/suggestions?

parkbsu

Reaction score
Call log bug

This is a very minor issue, but something I found on the Moto Droid when going to the call log - when Froyo groups contacts and displays the number of calls, it overlaps the contact name. It looks like a contact that has 15 characters is ok, but a 16 character name has the "(2)" for example, overlapping the last character or two.

mad3963

Reaction score
mad3963 said:
Also, I am having an issue where Titanium Backup is caught in a download loop in the Market. That is, every time I bring it up in the Market it says it is downloading. When I tap on the "Cancel download" button I receive a force close message and the Market goes back to it's Home page. Thusly, I can not install Titanium Backup. Any ideas/suggestions?

So, I was able to download the .apk from the developer's website, installed Titanium Backup and it works fine. Unfortunately, the Market issue still exists. I'm concerned this will prevent me from receiving updates. Any ideas how to fix this other than constantly checking the devs site for updates, or wiping and starting over?

mad3963

Reaction score

Another thing I just discovered on this topic, ALL of the Paid apps that were not displaying for me in the Market are labeled as (private) in Astro's Application Manager/Backup tool. All Paid apps that are NOT labeled as (private) were displayed and downloaded with no problems.

cideas

Reaction score
Bluetooth HID support - Erin Yueh @ 0xlabs
HELL YEAH... now i can get to work on that ps3 remote app i been wanting to make

ravichopra

Reaction score
Trouble with BT voice dialing...

Anyone else having trouble with CM6.0.0RC1 BT voice dialing? For whatever reason it just redials the last number dialed rather than giving me the voice prompt.

Thoughts or help would be appreciated...

Thx in advance.
-Ravi

toady

Reaction score
I have noticed that after every reboot, the setcpu values get set to the default (600mhz) in the widget. I have to open setcpu, make a change of some kind and exit to get the valued back to where they should be.

brando56894

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten 802.1x working on the moto droid version? My friend and I are both working in the same college campus computer lab and he has a nexus one with CM6 and can connect to our access point thats secured with 802.1x but I can't. I was wondering if it was a problem specific to the droid.

gfrancis306

Reaction score
I've had a few of these issues being discussed.

About the LEDs hack displaying superuser access repeatedly (I found the problem during media playback, but its still the same problem), I emailed the dev and he notified me it was a problem with the superuser app itself, and recommended I install superuser 2.0.3, which was at the time still available in rom manager. Coincidentally, this fix also clears up the setcpu problem mentioned by another poster.

Also I left anything with superuser access on the phone memory as versus on the sd card, but that might only be necessary for the widgets such as setcpu.

So basically, google search superuser 2.0.3 and install that either via rom manager or using recovery directly. Obviously spr users would have to rename to update.zip. I have found no problems with 2.0.3 and don't see a difference in 2.2.2 besides the problems it brings, so don't be afraid to downgrade.

Hope this helps!

Cowboysjunkie

Reaction score
Same issues I've had with every 2.2 ROM...

Can't connect to workplace wireless using WPA2 AES encryption. Tries to authenticate and never does. No problems with this on 5.0.8 (2.1r1)

Sirius/XM app plays for a while then returns to the beginning of it's buffer. this is on 3g as well as wifi. I realize this is probably an app problem, but it works on the 2.1r1 software.

Back to 5.0.8 as these (especially the work wifi issue) are deal breakers. :( Might be moot if I can get an X this morning.

jdm627

Reaction score
Please some help for good settings with setcpu and performance my droid.
Till today with out setcpu or juice defender i have very good battery but I wuold like to performance
Thank´s in advance.