CyanogenMod 5.0.7 for Droid on ROM Manager

lsymmonds

Reaction score
5.0.7 caused me to loose root -HELP!!

I got the update notification this morning to download the cyanogenmod 5.0.7 update and dutifully installed it. I watched while my current settings were backed up and the new code install. When my phone came back, not only were all my old apps and wallpaper and themes gone, but now I find that I have lost root. The superuser icon is still there but comes up with a blank screen. I had to reinstall rommanager which tells me that I have to reinstall clockwork mod recovery app in order to do anything. I tried setting up Barnacle tether but got a permissions error. Basically my phone is toast and all I did was install the latest cyanogenmod update. What is strange is that the phone still shows me on the previous version. I would really appreciate some advice. Here are my current settings:

Firmware v2.1-update1
Baseband vc_01.3e.03p
Kernel v2.6.29-omap1-befit-0.8.3-stock bekriebel@ubuntu #1
mod version cyanogenmod 5.0.6.2-droid
Build number ese81

Bateluer

Reaction score
Hopefully, you did a nandroid backup before installing the new ROM. I always appear to lose root when I install a new CM. After the first boot after installing CM, Rom Manager will prompt to install Clockwork, but always fail because it states it has no root access. A reboot usually resolves it.

I got the update notification this morning to download the cyanogenmod 5.0.7 update and dutifully installed it. I watched while my current settings were backed up and the new code install. When my phone came back, not only were all my old apps and wallpaper and themes gone, but now I find that I have lost root. The superuser icon is still there but comes up with a blank screen. I had to reinstall rommanager which tells me that I have to reinstall clockwork mod recovery app in order to do anything. I tried setting up Barnacle tether but got a permissions error. Basically my phone is toast and all I did was install the latest cyanogenmod update. What is strange is that the phone still shows me on the previous version. I would really appreciate some advice. Here are my current settings:

Firmware v2.1-update1
Baseband vc_01.3e.03p
Kernel v2.6.29-omap1-befit-0.8.3-stock bekriebel@ubuntu #1
mod version cyanogenmod 5.0.6.2-droid
Build number ese81

lsymmonds

Reaction score
Lost root - HELP

I did reboot and tried to recover to a previous version but an getting an error message saying the recovery failed due to permissions. In fact any action that requires su perms fails which tells me I have lost root somehow. I think the best way to fix this is to go back to stock-2.1 and then re-root. Any comments or guidance would be appreciated.

arty2hottie

Reaction score
I did reboot and tried to recover to a previous version but an getting an error message saying the recovery failed due to permissions. In fact any action that requires su perms fails which tells me I have lost root somehow. I think the best way to fix this is to go back to stock-2.1 and then re-root. Any comments or guidance would be appreciated.

Same thing happened to me. I couldnt run my backup through rom manager either. What you have to do is manually boot into recovery (turn on phone while holding x) and go into nandroid and hit restore. Then you will be back in 5.0.6.2 and everything will be back to normal including your root. For some reason we need to wipe data and cache when updating to 5.0.7 even though most people dont have to. Let me know if that works for you.

lsymmonds

Reaction score
It Worked!

Same thing happened to me. I couldnt run my backup through rom manager either. What you have to do is manually boot into recovery (turn on phone while holding x) and go into nandroid and hit restore. Then you will be back in 5.0.6.2 and everything will be back to normal including your root. For some reason we need to wipe data and cache when updating to 5.0.7 even though most people dont have to. Let me know if that works for you.

Ok I reinstalled from my latest backup taken just before attempting to install the cyanogen mod v5.0.7.1 and everything looks to good. Thanks for the hint. I guess the new version has some bugs that need attention before it's ready for prime time . . . Or did I do something wrong during install. The installer gave me the option of wiping cache which I did as I had seen instructions somewhere that said it's a good idea to start from c clean cache.