ROM Manager Tips

zach471

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll give it a go.

You might need to repair it? Or will it not connect?

It actually will not recognize the car. I get a prompt on the phone "Bluetooth pairing request", and I ender the correct code, and then nothing. As I said, it's not bluetooth in general, as I'm able to connect to the Jabra. And when I put UD back on, it works again. Very strange.

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score
Like an idiot, I hit download for 5.0.5.7 twice and now I have it showing it will down load it twice. Any problems? Can I stop it from downloading it twice?

Slipstream

Reaction score
Do we need to create a backup EACH time we switch ROMs, or will one backup based on the original ESE81+root be sufficient? Just trying to keep my Droid tidy if I don't need 10 backups. :)

OP
K

koush

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll give it a go.

It actually will not recognize the car. I get a prompt on the phone "Bluetooth pairing request", and I ender the correct code, and then nothing. As I said, it's not bluetooth in general, as I'm able to connect to the Jabra. And when I put UD back on, it works again. Very strange.

Are you able to repair on UD? Or is it just automatically paired? I would try repairing on UD to see if it works.

Grabraham

Reaction score
Not sure about your superuser problem but the 're-flashing' of cwmod seems normal to me- when you open ROM Manager it checks to see if you are running the latest version of CWmod. If you are not it forces you to flash to the latest before proceeding.

zach471

Reaction score

Are you able to repair on UD? Or is it just automatically paired? I would try repairing on UD to see if it works.

I'm running UD 9.8 at the moment. Flashed Clockwork and then did the repair. I will do a clean install of .7 this evening and see if that works, rather than just re-loading my backup of .7.... this might give me better luck. You cannot beat this ROM manager.

Heiro

Reaction score
ok, well got the droid-root.zip downloaded and moved to the root of my sdcard. how do i apply it.

EDIT: got it. nevermind

topaz330

Reaction score
  • The first flash of recovery via ROM Manager is sometimes buggy due to an issue with some versions of Superuser. It will get "stuck" after you choose "Always Allow" and then possibly show an error. Just press back, and try again. It will usually work.
  • If you have root access, and continue getting "Error running privileged commands", try applying the droid-root.zip. Some versions of Superuser are a little buggy. I have verified that the droid-root.zip version works fine.

don't know what happened but i can't seem to do anything in rom manager anymore... last i used rom manager was for UD 9.8. now i get the error running privileged command error and i've been trying to install clockwork recovery but whenever it reboots into recovery its still sprecovery. anyone have any ideas? its really frustrating. i tried the droid-root.zip but still no go.

rushmore

Reaction score
Dumb question time. Does the Droid have to be rooted already to use this, or does RM also have a feature to do that as well? I rooted my G1, so not a complete newbie, but months ago when I did it.

Last edited:

PDR447

Reaction score
the error running privileged commands is an su issue. for some reason rom manager is not being granted su access. try re-installing

yes you have to be rooted to use rom manager. it does not root for you.

DroidxRage

Reaction score
Reposting as this thread may be more appropriate:

Question -

I partitioned my SD card last night with ROM Manager, setting up the Apps2SD and Swap partitions. I've got the Apps2SD part down, but the Swap I had a few questions on.

What directory is being used for the partition, or is it just a swap file, like with DroidSwap?

Do I need to do anything to configure it? Do I need to point DroidSwap to that directory?

Lastly, is there a widget that will show you your Apps partition storage space or swap file usage that anyone knows of? (like mini info does).

TIA

-DxR