CyanogenMod for Droid 5.0.5.7

droidlayman

Reaction score
Was running .7 naked and it was beautiful, but wanted more... had trouble loading esque 1.4 on top per RM... tried several times and gave up, however, during tries something loaded. Next morning, loaded from RM esque 1.4, and becket 1gz low voltage. I did not wipe cache or data. Set max a 1000 and min at 600. Been having forced closes and self boot at different times... sometimes in the middle of phone call, during browsing along with lock-ups requiring a battery pull.

Any ideas, can I re-install or should I use back-up, should I stop writing and wait for someone who doesn't have their head up their butt like me to answer. I think wait for someone to answer is my best option. Hope I am not violating the thread, if so flame me and tell me where I need to be, and accept my apology. Thanks!!

R1Lover

Reaction score
Was running .7 naked and it was beautiful, but wanted more... had trouble loading esque 1.4 on top per RM... tried several times and gave up, however, during tries something loaded. Next morning, loaded from RM esque 1.4, and becket 1gz low voltage. I did not wipe cache or data. Set max a 1000 and min at 600. Been having forced closes and self boot at different times... sometimes in the middle of phone call, during browsing along with lock-ups requiring a battery pull.

Any ideas, can I re-install or should I use back-up, should I stop writing and wait for someone who doesn't have their head up their butt like me to answer. I think wait for someone to answer is my best option. Hope I am not violating the thread, if so flame me and tell me where I need to be, and accept my apology. Thanks!!

Some themes are causing issues as people doing the themes are not using the proper files to theme them. I have found this issue on more then one theme out there.

R1Lover

Reaction score
To answer the second part of your question though.. I would re-install using RM and just install the base cyanogenmod 5.0.5.7

Do a wipe if needed to make you feel better as well.... run this for a day and make sure all your issues are gone. (which they should be)

Then you can start playing with different themes... just make sure and do a good backup before adding another theme.

hookerdj

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there's a big difference in battery life when using the Low Voltage vs Standard Voltage kernels?

I'm currently using the Normal Voltage bekit Kernels, but would like to improve battery life a little more. So is there a significant difference between the two kernels?

Thanks
just from my experience i have always used cyanogen roms and always used bekit kernels i made the switch the other day to try p3droid kernel and what a difference...I have noticed signifigantly lower battery temps lower cpu temps and longer battery life..it may just be my phone but its worth a try

hookerdj

Reaction score

Your max is set at 1000 your min shouldnt be set at 600 it should be set at like 250

eclsnowman

Reaction score
just from my experience i have always used cyanogen roms and always used bekit kernels i made the switch the other day to try p3droid kernel and what a difference...I have noticed signifigantly lower battery temps lower cpu temps and longer battery life..it may just be my phone but its worth a try

I can confirm that this was the case with my phone too. I specifically didn't run cyanogen roms before because the temps were higher than my liking. Now with 5.0.5.7 and 1.2ghz p3droid kernel my temps are ridiculously low. 18F at idle (ambient outside temp), and I max out in low 30's for browsing and more strenuous apps... (unless I am playing a game for too long then I have been up to 42F).

All in all the only thing that beat this on temps was chevy's 2.02 rom with his 1.0ghz kernel. But then again mileage may vary.

A.Brooks

Reaction score
Do I still have to go back to 2.01 to update to this? I'm waiting for someone to get 2.1 rooted so I don't have to deal with the extra hassle.

eclsnowman

Reaction score
Do I still have to go back to 2.01 to update to this? I'm waiting for someone to get 2.1 rooted so I don't have to deal with the extra hassle.

Since there is a work around (ie flash back to 2.01 -> then 2.1) I wouldn't hold my breath right now. It may happen but it sounds like a true root exploit isn't on anybody's priority list.

droidlayman

Reaction score
Ok, todays report on the re-rom. Using RM installed 5.0.5.7, wiped data and cache... has worked perfectly all day, no force closes, no self re-boot, perfect!!! :icon_ lala: Will now mybackup pro my apps and data, RM backup, and using RM, add becket or p3droid kernals and setCPU, run for a day.

Will set cpu to max 1000 and min 125.

Can somone suggest 5 or 7 slot usage, and tell me where to go read about these things.

If all good tomorrow, will load smoke esque latest and see.

Will report back and THANKS to all of you very smart, patient, people. Praise be to Koush and the team of help!!!

Warrior

Reaction score
I loaded this rom using Rom Manager. I did a wipe and left out backup. When the phone rebooted I noticed the old wallpaper is still loaded from the last rom. I guess it wasn't a clean install even after the wipe. I tried going into recovery to do a system format but it was a no go. I did adb shell then format DATA: and it didn't seem to work. The commands I did was from a search. Can someone please let me know what I did wrong.

T.C

Reaction score
HQ Youtube and video

Hello, thinking of switching to this ROM, does it have HQ youtube and video?:icon_eek:

hypura

Reaction score
I heard that the Cyanogenmod has long press volume functionality to skip songs with the default music player, so I decided to try it out.

Where can I find the settings to do this? Im looking at the music player settings and I don't see any option for this.

R1Lover

Reaction score
Hello, thinking of switching to this ROM, does it have HQ youtube and video?:icon_eek:

There are some themes out that have this built in, I havre it done to mine as well.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk