CyanogenMod 5.0.6.1

tdawg5480

Reaction score
anyone notice phone wont sleep sometimes...sometimes it will am i missing a setting i got screen timeout at 30 seconds.

BigRalphN

Reaction score
Swype works for me for awhile and thens starts freaking out. i have tried all the fixes on the site and it still is screwed.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, I purchased Rom Manager and installed Cyanogen 5.0.6.1. This is my first experience with Rom Manager and Cyanogen. Initial thoughts, very nice tool and rom. It seems to take longer to do a backup with ClockWork. I'm fine with that as long as it successfully restores a file should I need to. I noticed that two backups were created today. I did not intentionally make either. Does the OS do this automatically?

I've not installed any themes. Another member guided me to the themes already available in Rom Manager. Frankly, I'd like to see others. Directions to screen shots of different themes are greatly appreciated.
Mike

sandfreak

Reaction score
Is anyone else noticing a lag with this version? Especially when coming out of sleep, or going between landscape and portrait view. I am running a custom kernel, 1 ghz and have redrum 4.1 theme installed on top. I love the rom, but hate the lag.

yes definite lag. overall im happy and ill always support cyanogen roms (although im new to this i have tried a few now and cyanogen always outperforms) but the lag and force closes are frustrating. for the time being I'll stick it out and see what happens.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

superglen99

Reaction score
Whats the deal with the P3 droid kernals being mislabeled? I downloaded the 1ghz 7 slot low volt and it tops out at 900mhz. I download the 1.1ghz and it tops out at 1ghz. Can someone let him know? I have seen others with the same problem.

hookerdj

Reaction score
Whats the deal with the P3 droid kernals being mislabeled? I downloaded the 1ghz 7 slot low volt and it tops out at 900mhz. I download the 1.1ghz and it tops out at 1ghz. Can someone let him know? I have seen others with the same problem.
lol they are just get the higher one and itll be the one you want

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've been running the nexTheme (v2.0 v5.0.5.3) since 5.0.6.1 was released. It works fine except for Live Wallpapers get constant FC's.

Waiting for the "official".... :)

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been running the nexTheme since 5.0.6.1 was released. It works fine except for Live Wallpapers get constant FC's.

If you installed the 5.0.5.7 NexTheme from ROM manager over 5.0.6.1, I found out on cyanogenmod forums that you're overwriting apks with their 5.0.5.7 versions, so you're essentially reverting back to 5.0.5.7.

starscream

Decepticon
Premium Member
Reaction score
so i just wanted to give my thoughts.. so far 5061 is ROCKIN on my droid.
the nextheme 2.0 from RomManager flashed fine over 5061 for me.

also.. even when using slower speeds i feel like alternate kernels are givine me all kinds of problems.. feels like the stock kernel is fast enough for me though..

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've been running the nexTheme since 5.0.6.1 was released. It works fine except for Live Wallpapers get constant FC's.

If you installed the 5.0.5.7 NexTheme from ROM manager over 5.0.6.1, I found out on cyanogenmod forums that you're overwriting apks with their 5.0.5.7 versions, so you're essentially reverting back to 5.0.5.7.
I manually downloaded the NexTheme and then installed thru ROM Manager.... don't know if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the heads up. I guess I'll hang with my 'older' CM version until NexTheme is updated.
I'd rather not have the latest ROM and still have the theme. :)

side note: YouTube HQ default hack? Links from AllDroid are down. :(

Isaiah

Reaction score
Hey koush, I don't directly use your roms, I use jrummy's blue remix of your mod though and its great, i love your work. But one thing about the droid (not something unique to your rom, its in android and every rom i've tried) that really annoys me are the volume controls when the phone is horizontal, left is volume up and right is volume down.

I'm just wondering if you could code an option to reverse the volume buttons when the phone is horizontal.

It just gets confusing in either of the docks or when you hold it horizontally. Thank you!