Lag

Shaneathan

Reaction score
I've been having some lag, I think. Running the latest version with the bekit 1GHz low voltage kernel. I just tried enabling the Launcher Memory thing in Spare Parts, but I'm also wondering about stuff like Handcent. Sometimes it takes a solid 10 seconds to load everything. And with the applications, sometimes I have to open and close the launcher a few times before it actually shows the applications. Is this normal?

JCo352

Reaction score
I've been having some lag, I think. Running the latest version with the bekit 1GHz low voltage kernel. I just tried enabling the Launcher Memory thing in Spare Parts, but I'm also wondering about stuff like Handcent. Sometimes it takes a solid 10 seconds to load everything. And with the applications, sometimes I have to open and close the launcher a few times before it actually shows the applications. Is this normal?

With aftermarket launchers yes, with the home launcher no.

microsnook

Reaction score

With aftermarket launchers yes, with the home launcher no.

Hmm, maybe thats why my phone lags.
I might need to switch up my launcher!

JHamm77

Reaction score
This is the exact same problem I am experiencing. What is the fix??? It's driving me batty. No lag after auto orient on 5.0.5.7.. 3-5 seconds of lag with 5.0.6.2 -- is it because the "home" application is different? Custom home apps lag, the default one doesn't? And if that's the problem, how do I switch back to the default? Also, who the heck would want to use a custom one of that's the case?

vjunction

Reaction score
I had serious lag to the point I almost reverted back to stock during a couple of versions through 5.0.5. I tried different launchers, different tricks, hacks, scripts, etc. and all to no avail. It was so bad at a point that when I was receiving a phone call, the caller hung up before the picture and slider to answer appeared on the screen.

Unusable.

I had been upgrading versions of Cyano just here and there w/o wiping data and cache, sometimes installing Smoked Glass-esque and other themes.

My last upgrade was to 5.0.6.2 - I wiped data/cache (which isn't a problem to do anymore since all your apps are restored automatically, essentially), didn't bother with a theme, and now use the stock Launcher2 vs. Helix2 (I use the Spare Parts option to keep the home screen in memory).

The thing is retarded fast, and it's only o/c'd to 800mhz. Calls are instant, the app drawer is near instant, and there are no problems with any apps loading slowly/reacting slowly.

So, for all with lag, do this: Wipe data and cache ONCE when you install a new version of Cmod then (optionally) install a theme if you choose w/o wiping (make sure your theme is 5.0.6.2 compatable). Use an app killer (I use APK), use Cachemate (set it to clear cache automatically every couple hours), and keep your total number of screens and widgets to a reasonable minimum (they suck memory and clock cycles too!).

Reaction score
I was using 5.0.5 or something and it was running awesome, 5.0.6.2 its been not so good. Sometimes ill get a message saying cpu is restoring home page and it freezes up, I have to hit the back button and it works again. Its also seems to run very slow with handcent.

19DroidRage84

Reaction score

I renamed Helix Launcher and Launcher2 then enabled laucher to be kept in memory in spare parts. I am running 7 screens. Before I did this there was some lag. Since enabling I havent had any homescreen lag. Even when going from browser in landscape back to home.

I am however experiencing lag with calls. It takes forever for the name of the caller to show up. I checked the build.prop and the ring delay is set for a 3 sec delay. I dont want to change that because it really messes with contacts personalized ringtones. Becuase it doesnt allow the phone long enough to find the contacts ringtone. The lag seems like it is more than 3 seconds. Has anyone had lag with calls?

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
any lag I see can always be changed y editing setcpu from on demand to performance.
makes me wonder if its a ramp-up issue on setcpu.
but I have no seen the extent you guys are mentioning so take this with grain of salt.