Lag after undocking

hacku

Reaction score
So I brought this up in another thread but nobody really addressed it so I thought I would create my own thread.

Anytime I have my phone docked, either in the media dock or the car dock, and I take it off the dock, the homescreen is completely blank (no icons or widgets) for approximately 5-10 seconds and then the icons appear.

Once the icons are back, there is still a lag for a few more seconds if you press any of the icons on the homescreen or try switching from one screen to the other.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I'm running CM 6.0.1 overclocked to 1Ghz with the normal voltage kernel.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

hedney3

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
So I brought this up in another thread but nobody really addressed it so I thought I would create my own thread.

Anytime I have my phone docked, either in the media dock or the car dock, and I take it off the dock, the homescreen is completely blank (no icons or widgets) for approximately 5-10 seconds and then the icons appear.

Once the icons are back, there is still a lag for a few more seconds if you press any of the icons on the homescreen or try switching from one screen to the other.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I'm running CM 6.0.1 overclocked to 1Ghz with the normal voltage kernel.

Thanks
thats a normal effect from undocking. the reason for the lag is the fact that you are first off ending one app and a process. also your phone is going from landscape to portrait. so its the combination of events that slows down the phone.

OP
hacku

hacku

Reaction score

Thanks
thats a normal effect from undocking. the reason for the lag is the fact that you are first off ending one app and a process. also your phone is going from landscape to portrait. so its the combination of events that slows down the phone.

Normal you say? Do you mean normal for CM? I never experienced this problem with the stock ROM or with the DroidMod ROM.

sandfreak

Reaction score
i also had a lag but not after docking...i went to spare parts and fooled around with some settings and it seems to be running a lot better now, not sure if that will help because like i said i don't dock my phone but just a thought

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I see 2 seconds or so but not the degree you describe. that, IMO, is odd.

hedney3

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yea. It is normal for some custom roms to have lag after undocking.