CyanogenMod 5.0.6.1

Micah_Droid

Reaction score
Anyone having trouble with bekit's kernels and setcpu? If I turn profiles on my max speed is set to 1000 my min is 250, but up in the top corner it shows my max as 384 and my min as 250. I have tried a few of the other kernels and they all do it aswell.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone having trouble with bekit's kernels and setcpu? If I turn profiles on my max speed is set to 1000 my min is 250, but up in the top corner it shows my max as 384 and my min as 250. I have tried a few of the other kernels and they all do it aswell.

This was after doing autodetect?

mtbhk44

Reaction score

This was after doing autodetect?

Yes - I was having the same problem in 5.0.6.1. I moved back to 5.0.5.7 and I'm not having those issues with these kernels. Not only is it SHOWING the low clock speed, but it's functioning at that clock speed as well. Phone was very very slow. I rebooted, reinstalled Set CPU, etc etc. Nothing worked. The only fix for me was to go back to an earlier version of this ROM. Shame, I hate not being right up to date

DroidxRage

Reaction score
Anybody on this one? No one out there using a swap partition? I can't be the only one!

Question -

I partitioned my SD card last night with ROM Manager, setting up the Apps2SD and Swap partitions. I've got the Apps2SD part down, but the Swap I had a few questions on.

What directory is being used for the partition, or is it just a swap file, like with DroidSwap?

Do I need to do anything to configure it? Do I need to point DroidSwap to that directory?

Lastly, is there a widget that will show you your Apps partition storage space or swap file usage that anyone knows of? (like mini info does).

TIA

-DxR

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anybody on this one? No one out there using a swap partition? I can't be the only one!

Question -

I partitioned my SD card last night with ROM Manager, setting up the Apps2SD and Swap partitions. I've got the Apps2SD part down, but the Swap I had a few questions on.

What directory is being used for the partition, or is it just a swap file, like with DroidSwap?

Do I need to do anything to configure it? Do I need to point DroidSwap to that directory?

Lastly, is there a widget that will show you your Apps partition storage space or swap file usage that anyone knows of? (like mini info does).

TIA

-DxR

The partition is just that - a memory allocation - I'm not sure if there's necessarily a file or directory within the partition. To use it, go to advanced settings in DroidSwap and select "Use Swap partition". You can check your usage in "Info' in DroidSwap.

For what it's worth, I turned swap off and I'm not noticing any degradation of performance, as I was not seeing any noticeable increase in performance with it enabled. But your mileage may vary, etc.

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
Mine did this as well, I wanted a new kernel anyway P3 .9LV so I downloaded it and used auto detect and all is fine. Running very cool and this ROM is FLYING!!

Koush GREAT JOB!

DroidxRage

Reaction score
Thx for the response PDroid...

But in the settings, when you set the Swap partition to ON, there is an option to specify the swap partition. The directory listed there (/dev/block/mmcblk0p3) does not exist on my phone. I can't see how it can be using anything if it's pointed there.

Another thing, if I just enable the swap partition and nothing else, I show nothing being used in the swap partition INFO. If I then click ON, I show SPAP (under info) as 62040KB total, but I'm convinced that's just the Swap file that droidswap is making, and not the swap partition that Recovery Manager created.

In my mind, a swap partition should be just that, another partition. I don't see it in root explorer like I do the apps 2 sd folder, unless its one of the folders nested in there. What is the delvin-cache folder in SD-Ext for?

That may be why you didn't notice a difference, you might not have actually been using the swap partition, I'm hesitant to believe that I am either, which is why I'm asking.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
^but in the settings, when you set the Swap partition to ON, there is an option to specify the swap partition. The directory listed there (/dev/block/mmcblk0p3) does not exist on my phone. I can't see how it can be using anything if it's pointed there.

If that directory doesn't exist I think there was an error in partitioning your card.

DroidxRage

Reaction score
^^ so you do have that directory? and it's 64MB (or whatever you partitioned your swap at)?

I would think that RM would always use the same drive name for the parittion, and that DroidSwap might be inferring another.

I know I picked a 64MB swap directory when I partitioned, and my Apps2SD works great, not sure why it wouldn't have done the swap too? I guess I could repartition, only take about 5-10min.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Question -

TIA

-DxR

after you partition,

you need to enable swap with a user-end app, like swapper or droidswap, or if you can find it, there are scripts out there that do the same...

DroidxRage

Reaction score
right, I did that with DroidSwap but see this:

But in the settings, when you set the Swap partition to ON, there is an option to specify the swap partition. The directory listed there (/dev/block/mmcblk0p3) does not exist on my phone. I can't see how it can be using anything if it's pointed there.

Another thing, if I just enable the swap partition and nothing else, I show nothing being used in the swap partition INFO. If I then click ON, I show SWAP (under info) as 62040KB total, but I'm convinced that's just the Swap file that droidswap is making, and not the swap partition that Recovery Manager created.

In my mind, a swap partition should be just that, another partition. I don't see it in root explorer like I do the apps 2 sd folder, unless its one of the folders nested in there. What is the delvin-cache folder in SD-Ext for?

That may be why you didn't notice a difference, you might not have actually been using the swap partition, I'm hesitant to believe that I am either, which is why I'm asking.

I would think that RM would always use the same drive name for the parittion, and that DroidSwap might be inferring another.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Perhaps I should post this in the themes thread but I'll ask here first.

Yesterday, I installed Cyanogen 5.0.6.1 which was my first install of the Cyanogen rom's. Very nice rom with no issues.

I've not installed any themes. Another member guided me to the themes already available in Rom Manager. Frankly, I'd like to see others. Directions to screen shots of different themes are greatly appreciated.
Mike

DroidxRage

Reaction score
dmacelo - yah I've been through that guide, thx. I did it with RM, not by that guide though, so I'm wondering now how do I take advantage of it now.

MWhartman - I also thought the same, I was gonna make a thread for it actually.