[ROM] [6/6/2012] CM7 for the Droid Pro based on GB

gkblaze

Reaction score
ok i have a major problem. after i finished installing and boot up the system i look for market to download app but its not there. so i look up on the net for market apk., download and install on the phone then it says "You must add an account to the device to continue. Do you want to add one now?" i hit yes and nothing happens. so i go into settings and to accounts & sync and try to enter my email but it keeps saying unable to open conncetion to server. i have full bars of service and im actually useing the wireless tether app too post this on my laptop so i know its not with the service. has anybody had this same prob? if so i would really like the help

gkblaze

Reaction score
how do i kno witch one to download

Last edited:

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
There's a link in the first post of this thread. Get the one that says Cyanogen Mod 7.

gkblaze

Reaction score
thanks freak4dell. ok now this is an awesome rom. only probelm iv come across was the camera when switching from gallery back to camera mode in witch i had to force close and then ends up useless and unable to connet to camera until reboot. but besides that this is a must have rom. keep up the good work guys. im an addicted rom flashing freak so plz dont allow me to go threw withdrawls lol :D. thanks again

nightpxd09

Reaction score
Im, loving it so far. Only main issue I keep having is data connectivity issues when i have full service, or on wifi. Any ideas?

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Can somebody tell me which LatinIME they pull so the keyboard doesn't force close? Gonna use that one from now I think

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

Freak4Dell

Reaction score

debracey

Reaction score
Install Instructions

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the great work ---- I just got the OTA Gingerbread update earlier today before I found this thread. If I want to try Cyanogen on my phone (which now boots with a red M) what are the full instructions for doing so?

Based on the flowchart in the first post I only need the zip with Cyanogen -- correct? What exactly do I do with the zip? I remember in my old Droid I needed to boot into recovery mode, run some wipe/clean commands and install an update file -- is that the case with the Pro? If so, how do you get into recovery mode?

Thanks

Dan

clueless77

Reaction score
There is a detailed set of instructions in the hack section, its a sticky read and enjoy

Droid pro hacks that is

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

clueless77

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the great work ---- I just got the OTA Gingerbread update earlier today before I found this thread. If I want to try Cyanogen on my phone (which now boots with a red M) what are the full instructions for doing so?

Based on the flowchart in the first post I only need the zip with Cyanogen -- correct? What exactly do I do with the zip? I remember in my old Droid I needed to boot into recovery mode, run some wipe/clean commands and install an update file -- is that the case with the Pro? If so, how do you get into recovery mode?

Thanks

Dan

You will need to root usingvthe Ginger bread method

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

_lurker

Reaction score
Finally I'm having the white Wifi issue.

It seems like the wifi issue has something to do with the DNS resolver.

When the wifi is white, I could still ping 208.67.222.222, means that there is no problem with the network per se, but when I do a nslookup google.com it shows that nameservers are 0.0.0.0. Even when I specify the DNS server to use (e.g. 8.8.8.8) it still fails. Seems like DNS is the problem here guys.

google123

Reaction score
Finally I'm having the white Wifi issue.

It seems like the wifi issue has something to do with the DNS resolver.

When the wifi is white, I could still ping 208.67.222.222, means that there is no problem with the network per se, but when I do a nslookup google.com it shows that nameservers are 0.0.0.0. Even when I specify the DNS server to use (e.g. 8.8.8.8) it still fails. Seems like DNS is the problem here guys.

This is what happened to me. Getting an IP address was never a problem. Gateway and DNS were always at 0.0.0.0 for some reason. Even when settings DNS to google dns servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 using DNS setting app, it still wouldn't work. Even tried setting all fields manually and still I couldn't get anywhere.

Last edited: