[ROM] [6/18/12] CM9 ICS For the Droid Pro

CountYoungWorm

Reaction score
installed CM 9 in clockworkmod without a hitch. no i can't connect to a mobile network. has anyone had this problem?

CountYoungWorm

Reaction score
ok I download CM9 V2 in clockworkmod. Everything installed great except mobile network is not available. Have you had this problem?

mikkuss

Reaction score
Hi,
i have a small issue on newest 6-18. I have phone crash loop. And when i wanna change gsm type, it just won't want to change, then crashes again.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

ywlke

Reaction score
Does anyone have working data usage graphs? I was hoping not to have to use an external app for this with CM9...

ywlke

Reaction score
First off I want to thank all the developers that helped make CM9 on Droid Pro possible. I recently acquired a Droid Pro and am quite to be able to run CM9 on it. I experienced a few hiccups, most of which I was able to work around, but first I want to mention the results of an experiment I tried:

Despite the locked bootloader, it IS possible to boot a foreign kernel! Between the efforts of other Motorola phone devs on the 2ndboot project, and Motorola's released 4.6.8 kernel source code for the Droid Pro, I was able to compile and boot my kernel, which included a backport of xt_qtaguid for functional ICS mobile data usage stats. HOWEVER, I was not able to get screen output working and have run out of time to figure out what's wrong. (All other features appeared to work without much extra effort and I was able to blindly control the phone through the touchscreen and keyboard, as well as adb screenshot/download to see the screen).

If there is/are serious developers out there still interested in putting some effort to getting a 2ndboot port (and therefore non-signed kernels) fully working on the Droid Pro, I would be happy to share more details of my effort with them.

===
Now a mention of some hiccups and smooth-outs other than those that I was able to find in this thread:

1. I am a GSM user, so per some other CM9 threads I added "ro.telephony.ril.v3=signalstrength" to build.prop in order to get a properly functioning signal meter (it was otherwise stuck at 2 bars and the signal reading in About phone was always 0 dBm 97 asu).

2. At one point my CPU usage spiked high causing the phone to heat up and with excessive battery drain. CPU usage showed that 'init' was very active. It turns out that one should NEVER turn off ADB debug mode. If you do, turning it back on is not sufficient to resolve the high init usage. You also need to open a terminal, su, and run "setprop persist.sys.usb.config mass_storage,adb", then reboot.

3. Connecting the phone via USB to computer might turn on mobile data! Be careful to turn it back off if you do not have an unlimited data plan.

Jabbacks

Reaction score
I got errors while applying "mac-address-fix.sh". Most of the commands have errors on them.

Thanks!

juan_144

Reaction score
Stuck in M logo with only access to Android BootMenu 0.8.6. What I can do?