[ROM] [6/6/2012] CM7 for the Droid Pro based on GB

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
The current build of CM7 already uses the Gingerbread kernel. In fact, the version that I'm seeing on my phone is 2.3.7, whereas the OTA update is probably 2.3.3.

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Well, compared to other unofficial gingerbread builds, the actual official update you guys have received today has pretty much the same kernel (phone backbone) but it does have newer Wifi modules that I've incorporated into the new builds. I got a tip on fixing the camera so hopefully everything will work out with that. The official OTA also brought a better baseband (radio file) so there should be better service and battery life than if we didn't have those files :p

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Also, I took a stab at another quick kernel update zip (will be two parts) but it can be flashed through clockwork on rooted 3.8.7 so in case you have to sbf, you can sbf straight to 3.8.7, root, go into clockwork, install my two updates, then without leaving clockwork, restore a backup of your new GB OTA. So I recommend making a quick backup of your current system after you take the OTA that you can use if you need to restore. (The D3 Charge only mode root method works with the official OTA btw)

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Also, I took a stab at another quick kernel update zip (will be two parts) but it can be flashed through clockwork on rooted 3.8.7 so in case you have to sbf, you can sbf straight to 3.8.7, root, go into clockwork, install my two updates, then without leaving clockwork, restore a backup of your new GB OTA. So I recommend making a quick backup of your current system after you take the OTA that you can use if you need to restore. (The D3 Charge only mode root method works with the official OTA btw)

Can you post a link to the 3.8.7 SBF?

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I don't remember where I got it from :p sorry dude

And can somebody who has pulled the LatinIME.apk from a working build to fix a broken one (the one that doesn't force close or show the soft keyboard in portrait) upload it and send me a link to it? It's only like 8 megabytes and it would really help everybody out

Last edited:

clueless77

Reaction score
i dont use my pro but i still check the new roms

i got on gb a while back and i just checked and mine is 4.6.4 system version is this odd

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
4.6.4 is the leaked GB, the newest is 4.6.8; I don't really see that many differences between the two (although I never them both much more than a day). Using 4.6.8 as a base is not required to run CM7 but is suggested (different kernel and radio file)

Edit: We've had our 100th install of CM7 for the Droid Pro! http://stats.cyanogenmod.com/ we're at 104!

clueless77

Reaction score
Well I checked for update and it said up to date, its not currently rom'd but still rooted could that be why no ota update

Btw I would love to test as I currently use my X for daily use

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I think you have to be on 3.8.7 in order to take the update

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
Jackpot, can you tell me exactly which files are the radio files? I want to be able to retain the ability to do the baseband unlock, and that only works with the old radio files. I just want to have the radio files backed up so that I can just swap them out when needed.

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the radio files are interchangeable like that for swapping. However, if you flash back to 2.26.60 and use the four part zip method to get to the GB kernel, it will retain the 2.26.60 radio

chaihg

Reaction score
Calvin, one quick question since you know much about kernels.
What happens to all those who got the OTA 4.6.4 previously?. Can they install the latest 4.6.8 on the previous one or will they need to go back to 3.8.7?.
And if I read it right you just told us about an sbf for 3.8.7. Does that exist? We only had one SBF for 2.26 right?

And is it possible to directly SBF back to froyo from GB builds? I thought the bootloaders are locked and will end up in a M logo.

cheers

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The tip I got on fixing the camera has also improved the battery life to where it once was (from 9-5 today and still at 70% life remaining as opposed to before where going from 9-4 left me with 40% remaining with even lighter usage) I'm still waiting on that good LatinIME.apk pulled from older builds where the virtual keyboard didn't show and it didn't force close! If somebody can remember if they have an old .zip on their sdcard that worked, can you extract it and upload it and send me the link?!

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
Okay, here's the LatinIME apks. People were saying they used the 828 build, but if I remember correctly, that's actually where my problems started. Just for good measure, I've included the one from the 808 build, too.

Index of /Jackpot should have both there for you to download.