[ROM] [6/18/12] CM9 ICS For the Droid Pro

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
DO NOT INSTALL THE DROID 2 BOOTSTRAP ONCE YOU INSTALL THIS ROM. IN ORDER TO GET INTO RECOVERY, REBOOT YOUR PHONE, THEN WAIT FOR THE LED TO FLASH BLUE. IF YOU PRESS THE VOLUME DOWN BUTTON WHEN IT'S BLUE THEN IT WILL TAKE YOU INTO THE DEDICATED BOOT MENU. FROM THERE SELECT RECOVERY, THEN CLOCKWORK RECOVERY

6-18: This zip is our first in a while. It has a working camera, but no panorama nor video recorder. It has about three months of new features the CM team has added. The issue where the first picture taken not saving has been resolved too. A big thanks to Droid 2/Global and X developer JB1tz for everything he has done regarding the camera and multiple hardware library modifications. Even though it has been around three months since our last .zip, I still have not wiped my data since then, so you guys should just be able to format your system and cache and install without having to wipe your data despite it being a while since the last update. After wiping your system and cache, reflash GAPPS if you choose to do so. If things start acting buggy and get FCs, you might have to wipe your data, but it wasn't necessary for me. Enjoy!

Note: I made a mistake and failed to include the MAC address fix in the first zip I posted. The second zip I posed called 6-18-CM9-WITH-MAC-ADDRESS.zip has the MAC address fix inside it so your MAC address will not change on every reboot. If you have not done this yet, it may help with connecting to your internet as your router doesn't get clogged up giving out a new IP address every time your disconnect from wifi. In order to "activate" the MAC address fix, simply go into the terminal emulator app, typing "su" (without the quotes) then typing "mac-address-fix.sh" (without the quotes). A bunch of weird symbols should come up, but that's normal.

What this does is it auto-generates and writes your permanent MAC address to a file called called nvs_map.bin under /data/misc/wifi/nvs_map.bin. It will remain there and your MAC address will remain the same unless you wipe your /data whereas you will simply have to redo it

One big thing I noticed
was that my pictures were saving at only 3MP rather than 5MP that the DPro is capable of. Make sure you have it set at 5MP in the Camera app to get the best quality photos! Maybe it was just my phone because I messed something up :)

3-24: I'm getting a new computer so I figured I'd throw together this zip for you guys that has a working camera. The shutter speeds is much faster than Stock or CM7. The video camera doesn't work yet but the camera works flawlessly for me. I might not be around for the next few days as I get my build environment ready on my new computer so I figured any working zip would be a good one :)

3-4: Possible fix for GSM reverting back to CDMA on every reboot (used new phone source from STS-Dev team). Also fixed YouTube app which I broke on the last update. Also, fixed YouTube so regular definition also plays as well as high definition. Netflix still doesn't work as we only have partial-hardware acceleration working. Phone no longer force closes when switching between CDMA and GSM and vice-versa. Probably our best update to date. Sorry, still no camera :) enjoy folks

3-2: New update for everybody. It should have working GSM data now so let me know if it works! There are some new things under settings now such as quiet hours and features of that nature that help customization of your phone to fit yourself :)

2-26: Haven't really fixed anything other than implemented the boot menu. I have found out that some of the battery drain can be attributed towards the sounds made when you click around on the screen. Surprisingly, if you keep your phone on vibrate, it still sends the message to the phone to wake up the sound modules. The easiest way

Builds from now on after this point will have our boot menu that I ported over from the CyanogenDefy team and EncounterICS builds for the Droid X. From now on, instead of selecting Reboot -> Recovery, when the phone is at the red M logo when it's booting up, the LED will flash blue for a second. If you happen to press the volume rocker down when it's blue, it will take you to a boot menu which from there you can select Recovery -> Clockwork recovery

NOTE: The new ROMs with the boot menu will have a newer version of clockwork recovery which may cause incompatibility issues. The reason behind this is that our version of clockworkmod from the D2 Bootstrap makes backups that are in the .img format. So your backup of system will be called system.img. The newer clockworkmod versions make ext3.tar backups (tar is kinda like .zip files). The implementation of ext3.tar files make for much faster backups and restorations. However, many people have had issues restoring .img files from the newer clockworkmod versions.

Luckily for you guys, I've made a tiny, tiny zip that you can flash that will allow you to boot into the older clockwork recovery to restore your backups from pre-(whenever this new zip will be posted dates)

All you will have to do is enter the bootmenu, choose recovery, then clockwork. From there, you can install this tiny zip that will make it so that, after you install the zip, when you reboot, it will boot into the older clockwork recovery so you can restore a previous backup that is in the format of system.img if these ICS alphas aren't your thing :)

2-20:
GSM may be fixed. AFAIK, only voice works, but no 3G data.
1% battery is included as well

This is taken from the D2G forum a method to switch to GSM:

The Testing screen that is mentioned below is to open the dialer, and dial *#*#4646#*#*

"The best way to switch the network type is to enable airplane mode, head to the Testing screen, switch to CDMA auto (PRL), then disable airplane mode, and choose WCDMA preferred in the Mobile networks settings (not in the Testing menu) under Settings -> (Click More) -> Mobile Networks -> Network Mode -> Then your Network Type."

What works: Pretty much everything except for

Tethering (Might work with a app from the Market)

You must be on the Gingerbread Kernel
If it's your first time installing, you must wipe system, data, and cache then install, then flash gapps
If you've had ICS on your phone before, you can just wipe system and cache and install and reflash gapps

We even have charging while off!
The old CM7 issue of settings not sticking as they normally has been rectified as well

Here's the latest .zip 6-18-CM9-WITH-MAC-ADDRESS
cfcf490890706082b628021d451ce2f9 6-18-CM9-WITH-MAC-ADDRESS.zip
Here's the .zip you'll need to flash in order to boot into the older version of clockworkmod that will allow you to restore backups in the form of system.img: OldClockwork.zip

GAPPS available here: Goo-inside.me Downloads - Browsing gapps

Last edited:

Lewis2100

Reaction score
I'm glad to see that you are trying to keep this device alive. It's a great phone but the official software for it is just terrible, I'm really upset with Motorola and Verizon for that one. My girlfriend had a Blackberry and I was able to convince her to make the switch to Android with this device. She is using your CM7 port on it now and there are a few issues but it is still much better than stock, thank you for your hard work on that. If I can convince her to not worry about the camera I would flash this on her phone in a second. We'll see how that goes. If it does end up happening I'll make sure I let you know how everything is working!

Reaction score
Up and running. No surprises. Youtube videos and no camera are still issues but that was expected. Google Chrome Beta won't display any pages when all other browsers including Firefox Aurora work fine but not sure where the fault in that might be.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

Lewis2100

Reaction score
I have been thinking, when I was running CM4DX on my Droid X the camera and Youtube would not work either. You had to flash a fix, which as I recall was just a few libsomething.so files. Would something like that work as a fix for this? Pulling some of the libraries related to the camera from the latest stock Gingerbread build and copying those to the system. Or would the fact that it is gingerbread to ics mess that quick fix solution up?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
it's more complicated than those missing libraries. a LOT of stuff has changed between ICS and GB which made the camera libs incompatible. doing that would most-likely result in you having to SBF :-(

Lewis2100

Reaction score
That makes sense, they are much different. Thanks for the quick reply. I need to get into Android Development, then I could figure out out to address issues like that myself and help everyone out. I am a Software Developer but i haven't tried Android yet. Anyway, I will work on my gf's resistance to having no camera and go from there! :biggrin:

ngtwolf

Reaction score
That makes sense, they are much different. Thanks for the quick reply. I need to get into Android Development, then I could figure out out to address issues like that myself and help everyone out. I am a Software Developer but i haven't tried Android yet. Anyway, I will work on my gf's resistance to having no camera and go from there! :biggrin:

Well, if it's any consolation, the camera isn't very good anyway so just convince her that if she really wants to take good pictures she'll need to carry a real camera. :)

For me, these are the most important in order: #1 data working (GSM for me), #2 bluetooth, #3 tethering (though, for most people, that's not important... i just rely on it to tether my car mounted nook..haha) and then #4 the camera.

The youtube thing is odd, but I never watch youtube on this 3.2" screen anyway.

Last edited:

r3j2

Reaction score
Oh man! So excited! For what it's worth, I need the camera to do banking (check deposits via images). So that's a dealbreaker for now. But I am so looking forward to getting this rom on my phone!

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
Subscribing to this thread.

I'm good as long as I have voice and messaging on GSM and WiFi. In June I will definitely need GSM data, but at the rate Jackpot works, I'd be very surprised if all that wasn't working by then.

bnbruno

Reaction score
any ETA on GSM functionality? Need to use the phone out of the country B<

dutchbastard

Reaction score
Its a real shame the camera doesn't work as that is a must have for me. Though as I understand, the D2 version by cyanogen has noo camera to statrt with. I'm assuming that's the base you used.
But thanks for the hard work.
As soon as the camera is working ill be all over it.