[ROM] [6/6/2012] CM7 for the Droid Pro based on GB

mir2006

Reaction score
sbf is the original firmware (about 250mb). With this file and with a motorola software (rsd lite) you can restore your phone if is bricked...

OK thanks! The problem is the original firmware for the european version. Without this file I can't do nothing, I'm right? Is there any way to obtain it?

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I don't think my CM7 will boot on your device because you have froyo and the libs are incompatible but I wonder if the old froyo builds will work. But I also wonder if your bootloader is unlocked...

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Trying to add my Exchange account so that I can sync my calendar and I keep getting an error. Anyone else experiencing this?

Also, Id like to set it so that my volume or side buttons wake up .the screen. Possible?

Last edited:

hlat

Reaction score
I've got the same problem as mir2006. I've also got the german Version of the Droid Pro and would like to flash your rom.

@JackpotCalvin: Just to be clear: even if we got the right SBF file, your rom could not be flashed on european phones?

wykjacky

Reaction score
I love cm7. this is a really great rom!
I tired the 1005 cm7 from Jack, it is a really good start. Please keep up the good work!!

I am running on GSM network. The reception is good.
The system is smooth too. there is a number of problem forcing me to go back to stock 2.3.4(rooted), here are the problems:

1. Camera always get force close while switching between gallery and camera.
2. The data connection is not stable. Sometimes it will become dead. even the icon showing it was 3G/H connected, but just the data connection was like inactive. Only a reboot can fix the problem.
3. Will get force close while switching to other Themes,
4. USB mass storage doesn't work while connecting the DP to computer.
5. Keyboard didn't work quite well, got a number of FC. Installed SmartKeyboard to fix it.

keep up the good work. will love to help you to test the next build.
can't wait and see a perfect CM7 rom coming out from you!

r3j2

Reaction score
Ok, I am having a problem. I was coming from the froyo kernel version of cm7, so I backed up my current setup, installed zips 1-4 in order, wiped dalvik cache, system, and cache, and then installed 1005.zip. Now I get the red m boot logo, but after that, nothing. Just a black screen, no bootloop, no nothing. Help!

EDIT: I tried to boot into recovery using the hold r+m while powering on method, and all I get is a garbled image of the android robot with an !. I guess that's not going to work. I can boot into the bootloader, so I guess I could sbf and try again. Seems like that's all I could do at this point. Really, I am wondering what I did wrong.

EDIT 2: Ok, sbf back to 2.26.20 resulted in bootloop. Now wiping everything using stock recovery, I will try to update again from a totally clean install, hopefully that will work.

Last edited:

clueless77

Reaction score
Ok, I am having a problem. I was coming from the froyo kernel version of cm7, so I backed up my current setup, installed zips 1-4 in order, wiped dalvik cache, system, and cache, and then installed 1005.zip. Now I get the red m boot logo, but after that, nothing. Just a black screen, no bootloop, no nothing. Help!

EDIT: I tried to boot into recovery using the hold r+m while powering on method, and all I get is a garbled image of the android robot with an !. I guess that's not going to work. I can boot into the bootloader, so I guess I could sbf and try again. Seems like that's all I could do at this point. Really, I am wondering what I did wrong.

EDIT 2: Ok, sbf back to 2.26.20 resulted in bootloop. Now wiping everything using stock recovery, I will try to update again from a totally clean install, hopefully that will work.

If you can find the 2.3.3 gb update.zip you can install it from stock recovery but makesure its named update.zip

Do a
Wipedata factory reset
Wipe cache
Then install update.zip

All in stock recovery

I have it but can't remember link and I don't have it in download form

I know this is from an x but I have a pro also and have been down this road already
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

r3j2

Reaction score
I forgot that you have to press @ to get to the stock recover options. I did do a factory reset, and am now booted into 2.26.20, I'll just update to 2.26.60, root with z4root, install clockwork recovery and then install the zips over again. Probably should have just wiped everything from the get go. I'll just do a data.img restore and get everything back that way.

clueless77

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it matters but you might wanna check for the 3.8.7 system update before rooting and I never could get z4 to work I ended up using super one click on froyo and the Motorola one click method when I got on gb

r3j2

Reaction score
Ok, I'll give that a shot if z4 doesn't work. I remember that I used it back when I first got the phone successfully. I'll see what happens.

UPDATE: Well, I'm booting into the new cm7 now. Might want to rethink letting people know that they shouldn't wipe data. I'm not 100% certain that's what did it, but a full wipe resolved the problem.

Last edited:

clueless77

Reaction score
If you still have no luck I am on my way home I will try to find link to gb update or set mine up in download form because they are building an APEX rom for the pro which requires gb

r3j2

Reaction score
Oh man, this build is beautiful! Text suggestions, onscreen keyboard in landscape mode, overall slickness and quickness. I am so satisfied and excited so far, and the new lockscreen is pretty cool. Thanks for all the help clueless77. I would recommend wiping data, cache, and system to anyone coming from the froyo cm7, though.

clueless77

Reaction score
Good glad to hear its working out for you, I certainly hope the devs start working on more stuff for the pro, its a good phone, actually its basically the x with a hard keyboard

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
On top of my inability to add my Exchange account, I'm also running into the intermittent data connectivity issues. I see that one other person has had the problem.

Do we know if there's a fix, or is that bug?

EDIT: Fixed the Exchange problem. When it asks for your email address, it actually wants domain/[email protected]

Last edited: