[ROM] [6/6/2012] CM7 for the Droid Pro based on GB

baltfest

Reaction score
Heya... so was going to put the phone back to stock to get the new GB Kernel that was officially released. I tried going back to 2.26.20, but the updated failed, I can't get into recovery mode, it goes to the boot loader (which in fact, comes up automatically every time I power up) and get a "Code Corrupt" message. Any idea how to .sbf this back to working?

Thanks!

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You can't sbf?

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Heya... so was going to put the phone back to stock to get the new GB Kernel that was officially released. I tried going back to 2.26.20, but the updated failed, I can't get into recovery mode, it goes to the boot loader (which in fact, comes up automatically every time I power up) and get a "Code Corrupt" message. Any idea how to .sbf this back to working?

Thanks!

This happened to me a couple days ago. You're able to SBF, you just have to find the right combination of computer+cord+phone+USB port.

Put the .sbf in the root of your C drive.

kennyb6

Reaction score
The tip I got on fixing the camera has also improved the battery life to where it once was (from 9-5 today and still at 70% life remaining as opposed to before where going from 9-4 left me with 40% remaining with even lighter usage) I'm still waiting on that good LatinIME.apk pulled from older builds where the virtual keyboard didn't show and it didn't force close! If somebody can remember if they have an old .zip on their sdcard that worked, can you extract it and upload it and send me the link?!

Wheres this camera fix youre talking about

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm gonna put the good LatinIME.apk into the new zip and upload it. Battery life has been stellar (9-7 still 60% left, medium usage), camera works, if the keyboard finally works this will be the best build yet

Last edited:

baltfest

Reaction score
This happened to me a couple days ago. You're able to SBF, you just have to find the right combination of computer+cord+phone+USB port.

Put the .sbf in the root of your C drive.

yeah, thanks... got it working. Was a different computer than I usually flash from. Meanwhile, am back to stock, no GB update. :( Oh wells, may just go back to the next Cyanogenmod from Calvin if I don't get anything more interesting from Verizon in the next day or so. ;)

Thanks!

dettofatto

Reaction score
I'm gonna put the good LatinIME.apk into the new zip and upload it. Battery life has been stellar (9-7 still 60% left, medium usage), camera works, if the keyboard finally works this will be the best build yet

Did you fix also wifi and data? What do you think about the new update (official gb..)? The radio is better?
Always thank you...!

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I think the new radio works better when service is bad as opposed to draining the battery like older ones. I had great battery life yesterday, if everything checks out today I'll upload yesterday's build after I throw in the new latinime. The camera is fixed and I have had no problems switching between 3G and Wifi since I used the official GB as my base. However, I didn't do anything to fix it so I may just be getting lucky...

dutchbastard

Reaction score
Jackpot I'm assuming you are waiting until tomorrow to post your update. Any chance we could help you test it today?
I'm having serious battery issues so the sooner I can try the better.
I don't mean to sound pushy, I'm just a bit eager to try.

dettofatto

Reaction score
I think the new radio works better when service is bad as opposed to draining the battery like older ones. I had great battery life yesterday, if everything checks out today I'll upload yesterday's build after I throw in the new latinime. The camera is fixed and I have had no problems switching between 3G and Wifi since I used the official GB as my base. However, I didn't do anything to fix it so I may just be getting lucky...

And so yuo suggest to downgrade to 3.8.7, download the official Gb, root, then go to cyanogen?

sent from my Motosola!

Last edited:

gurase

Reaction score
I don't remember where I got it from :p sorry dude

And can somebody who has pulled the LatinIME.apk from a working build to fix a broken one (the one that doesn't force close or show the soft keyboard in portrait) upload it and send me a link to it? It's only like 8 megabytes and it would really help everybody out

Sorry for the delay, but here's the LatinIME.apk from the 825 build I was using. I'm back on stock gingerbread so I haven't tried it on the 1005 build yet. I know Jackpot is posting an update soon, but hopefully this can hold people over until then.

LatinIME.apk

CRaiaSoftware

Reaction score
Wifi with 1005 and Gingerbread 4.6.8 as a base

Wifi is still not working using the new OTA Gingerbread 4.6.8 as a base for CyanogenMod.

Here is what I did: SBF to stock (2.26.20) and then activate. Then I allowed each of the three OTA updates (2.26.26? 3.8.7? and 4.6.8) to download and install bringing me to Gingerbread with 4.6.8. Then I wiped system, cache and dalvik and installed CyanogenMod 1005 and g-apps.

Wifi works initially but after the first reboot, it fails to connect. I tried turning it off and fixing permissions and rebooting, but it just does not work. Will the new update address this wifi issue (I remember reading about issues that the other Droid CyanogenMods have with wifi as well)?
If you need me to test anything please let me know as I have two Droid Pros (One is my working gingerbread phone and the other is for testing, hacking, etc). dancedroid