[ROM] [6/6/2012] CM7 for the Droid Pro based on GB

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Okay if you guys are on the gingerbread kernel (red M logo) but you got there WITHOUT coming from the official OTA (meaning you got there from one of my custom zips), you can still flash the build that I will post later.
HOWEVER it's recommended that you flash back to 3.8.7 and take the OTA

EDIT: I will also upload the stock OTA.zip so you won't have to redownload; you'll just have to rename it to "update.zip" and flash from the stock recovery (power + R + M)

This is recommended because you will have a normal working stock recovery and the newest radio file as well. It's recommended but not required. I posted a link to the 3.8.7 sbf a few pages back.

If you're coming from the stock OTA, you can root, make a clockwork backup of your current set up, then wipe system, data, and cache and apply the zip. You can also advance restore your data too from a previous time you were on cyanogen. If you dislike my builds, you can simply do a full restore of the stock system you just backed up, I won't cry if you do so. However, I do encourage you rename the folder that clockwork just created of your current setup from the date and time to something easier to recognize like OFFICIALOTABACKUP. If you rename your folder, make sure there are no spaces in the name because clockwork doesn't work well with spaces

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

Last edited:

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
If I understand you correctly, if I do not go back and get the OTA, I will not have the new radio files? So CM7 does not include any new radio files?

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
If I understand you correctly, if I do not go back and get the OTA, I will not have the new radio files? So CM7 does not include any new radio files?

If and only if you updated through the official OTA (version 4.6.8) will your radio file be the newest. All other methods will have an outdated one

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

clueless77

Reaction score
Btw jackpot I tried that 3.8.7 sbf last night and the file was deleted from uploader unless you posted another one later last night

I tried three times

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm uploading 1013.zip as we speak. I threw in the supposedly-working LatinIME.apk from 8/25 that Gurase was nice enough to upload for me. If somebody want to take the plunge and flash it, be my guest. It has the Camera fix and battery life fix as well. I did not test the new LatinIME because I use Smart Keyboard Pro (I swear by it). Please post your results on how the LatinIME works and tell if it force closes or not and whether the suggestions work as well because others may be waiting for the results to flash =)

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
1013.zip is here

Please post your findings whether the word suggestions work and whether the keyboard force closes at all

MD5SUM for 1013:26d991973d591a1b8d364fa8fa60bd0b 1013.zip

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
Flashed. Keyboard still force closes for me. Camera seems to be working fine...went from camera to gallery and back and forth several times without any force closes or "could not connect" messages.

WiFi is still not working, but I didn't expect it to, since you made no mention of changes to WiFi.

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
i'd hate to say this but has anybody tried a data wipe for the keyboard?

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
Complete data wipe, or wipe of just data for the keyboard in Settings > Applications?

I did the wipe of just the keyboard...no dice. I can try a complete wipe later, but it won't be until next week. Kinda busy the next few days, and can't spend much time getting my phone back to normal.

clueless77

Reaction score
no keyboard issue you just have to keep android keyboard enabled but it doesnt pop up
camera seems ok switched from camera to camcorder and no force close
still no wifi

TooUglyForU

Reaction score
Clavin,

Out of curiosity. Which method did you use to get the working wi-fi?

1. 2.2.26 -> All 4 zips -> 1005
2. 3.8.7 -> 3&4 zip -> 1005
3. Leaked 4.6.4 -> 1005
4. TBH 4.6.4 -> 1005