2.1 on 1/22/10 all just Hype??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskur

Reaction score
Don't think its really hype......there are many many articles on 2.1 release on Jan. 22nd 2010. Everyone needs to relax and just wait for it to happen. I know its hard but you have no choice in the matter. What will be will be.

dub8420

Reaction score
QUOTE=ramzizaz;164061]I just want flash support. Who cares about 2.1? home++ is awsome. I feel bad for the people running 1.5 though waiting for it.[/QUOTE]
I thought home ++ was great, too, until it just got really laggy, froze widgets and simply wasn't smooth after a couple days. I think default will always be the smoothest but whenever 2.1 gets here the more screens is what I really want off a stable system.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Some of you folks need to get out more! It's just an update for a phone and complaining about it on a forum will not make it happen any sooner. Go outside and play some basketball, spend some time with the wife or girlfriend, watch a movie...I could list about 1,000 things that are more important than an update that changes how your Droid looks.

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes there was never anything official, there was suppose to be a second maintenance update but im sure that is being incorporated into 2.1, im sure itll be here before the month is over, hell it could roll out this weekend.

huskur

Reaction score
OK. Just talked with verizon rep (while i was taking care of another issue with another phone), I asked about the update and was tranferred to "the highest tier" of tech support. I was told that the original date that verizon/google had agreed on was the 18th of January but it had to be pushed back due to a "global" computer issue that had to be taken care of before it was beamed to vzw customers that owned android phones. He also said that some android owners will see the updates start late tonight and all phones should be updated by January 29th. The plan is 200,000 users the first day and then the rest scattered throughout the weekend and the next week.

justbob

Reaction score
Now THATS what I'm talking about. Info that actually came from Verizon!

What a concept! :)

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, its called a bunch of made up crap, to get an annoying customer off the phone.

Epic fail.

Not buying it one bit. Verizon techs will know as soon as we do, when it gets here.

Status
Not open for further replies.